*** More of the "we are so screwed with this oil spill" political cartoons to enjoy from the nation's cartoonists.
Found this funny photo over at a bizarro blog from the loony tunes Tea Party crowd
From Denny: Even The New Yorker ran a funny from some folks on an oil rig - included in its entirety here - who wrote in ludicrous oil spill recipes to amuse us with their Cajun style dark humor.
I guess we "are where we work and what we work at" sometimes. Can you imagine working out on the Gulf in that mess, smelling those fumes, tasting it in your food, dreaming it while you sleep?
BP Oil Spill:
Ah, dark Cajun humor at it's best!
The BP “I Hate to Clean Up” Cookbook
From: The New Yorker
by Patricia Marx, written in to Chef Tony
This is such a favorite with the guys on the rigs that the running joke is that our company was named after the dish! Believe me, you won’t have leftovers (but, if you do, they’ll last and last).
Prawns. If prawns are extinct, use chicken drumettes.
Enough finely chopped garlic to overcome aroma.
1. Coat prawns with garlic. If necessary, use glue gun.
2. Broil. Watch for flareups.
Tip from Chef Tony: Cooking is like playing jazz — there’s no such thing as a mistake.
Wild Duck and Sticky Rice à la Pressure Cooker
A lot of cooks are afraid of pressure cookers, but I say no problemo. Besides, if something does go wrong, well, as Julia Child taught us, "You’re alone in the kitchen. Who’ll know?"
A duck. If varmint cannot be restrained with tongs and corn-on-the-cob holders, stand on it.
Enough rice to plug a three-inch diameter hole
1. Clean gaskets and bird with Mr. Magic Countertop cleaner.
2. Are there directions somewhere on appliance? See if you can find owner’s manual.
3. Serves four — or approximately - two hundred members of the press.
Fun Fact from Chef Tony: As far as can be determined, nobody has ever sustained a permanent injury from a smell.
Thick-as-Tar Chocolate Pudding
My late wife couldn’t get enough of this. Best eaten at night under a moonless sky. The pudding’s gentle glow is just the thing to put you and your sweetheart in the mood! Light a candle at your own risk.
Cocoa powder (optional)
BP Brand Dispersant
1. Lubricate ramekins. Set aside.
2. Blend, baby, blend.
3. Throw overboard. Discard ramekins as well.
Science Lesson from Chef Tony: The number of crockery pieces flung into the ocean is minuscule compared with the number of molecules in the universe.
E-Z-Does-It Crunchy Pasta
When I was a kid, my mom used to serve this alfresco. Then the yard disappeared.
1. Follow directions for “How to Whiten Your Teeth” (p. 173).
2. If potable water is not available, serve yourself last.
Chef Tony Says: Be frugal! Use the yucky orange-colored oil when cooking for children or those with a severe head cold.
Tony’s Never-Fail Deep-Fried Doughnuts
We’ve received reports that this recipe failed. We recommend that you turn off the lights and leave the kitchen immediately.
Tony’s Try-and-Try-Again Deep-Fried Doughnuts
How much masking tape do you have? Keep stirring. If it still looks like that after an hour, continue stirring for four to six months. Can’t you call it gravy? Japanese peanut butter? Swiss cheese has holes in it and nobody complains. Blot well with paper towels.
Another Thought from Chef Tony: Who wants to slave over a hot stove all day? Call Morty’s Deli. They deliver. Don’t you want your life back?
*** See Also more cartoons this week:
Hunh?! Cartoons - 17 July 2010
America, World Politics, Sports Cartoons - 17 July 2010
Cartoons: America and Immigration - 17 July 2010
*** THANKS for visiting, feel welcome to drop a comment or opinion, enjoy bookmarking this post on your favorite social site, a big shout out to awesome current subscribers – and if you are new to this blog, please subscribe in a reader or by email updates!
*** Come by for a visit and check out my other blogs:
The Social Poets
The Soul Calendar
Beautiful Illustrated Quotations
Poems From A Spiritual Heart
The Healing Waters
Dennys Food and Recipes
Dennys Funny Quotes
17 July 2010
Dark Humor: BP Oil Spill Cartoons - 17 July 2010
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (349)
- WikiLeaks, America, Tea Party, World Politics Cart...
- Walk The World poem - Libations Friday 30 July 201...
- Is The Middle Class Almost Extinct in America?
- Funny Brain Quotes - Cheeky Quote Day - 28 July 20...
- How Devastating Are Those 92,000 Wikileaks Leaked ...
- More Lies From BP: Claims Fund on Empty
- Roundup of Late Night Funnies - 26 July 2010
- Funny Video: Colbert On The Environment - Awww, A...
- Funny Video: Colbert On The Environment - Run! An...
- Funny Video: Colbert Cleans Up the Gulf
- Funny Video: Sarah Palins Geography Song 50 Nifty ...
- Monday Morning Brain Owners Manual
- Posts Roundup of Dennys Blogs - 25 July 2010
- Cartoons: American and World Politics, Tea Party ...
- Govt Justice Dept Wastes $100 Million on Partying ...
- Govt Sex Perverts: Pentagon, Govt Spooks Watching ...
- Just How Angry Are Americans At Their Prez and Pol...
- Americans Sour on Economy, Obamas Better Plan to M...
- Funny Economy Humor - Cheeky Quote Day 21 July 201...
- Unemployed About To Get Relief, Brit PM Visit, Fox...
- Roundup of Late Night Funnies - 20 July 2010
- Funny Video: Colberts Automatic Weapons For The Pe...
- Funny Video: Wanna Work in the Fields Like the Imm...
- Funny Video: Colbert Talks Food For Thought - Cand...
- Obama Shouts At Republicans, What We Get Out Of Fi...
- Posts Roundup at Dennys Blogs - 18 July 2010
- Dark Humor: BP Oil Spill Cartoons - 17 July 2010
- America, World Politics, Sports Cartoons - 17 Jul...
- BP Plays Games With Oil Spill, Democrats Face Huge...
- Funny Texting Quotes - Cheeky Quote Day 14 July 20...
- Why Obama Is Failing Miserably At Running America
- Roundup of Late Night Funnies - 12 July 2010
- Funny Video: Colbert Mocks Republican Men Hairstyl...
- Funny Video: Colbert Rips Glenn Beck For His "Wild...
- Colbert: Rent a White Guy in China For Business Me...
- Celebrity: Chelsea Clinton Wedding Day Details
- Posts Roundup of Dennys Blogs - 11 July 2010
- Cartoons: BP Oil Spill, American Economy Opinion, ...
- Scummy Senators Aide Offers Pay For Access, Those ...
- Sweltering Summer Heat poem - Libations Friday 9 J...
- How You Know You Have Dreaded Teabagger Disease
- Outrageous Funny Photos: This Is So Wrong...
- 27, 000 Aging Abandoned Leaking Oil Wells in Gulf ...
- Roundup of Late Night Funnies - 5 July 2010
- Funny Video: Jon Stewart Says Republicans Want Cl...
- Funny Video: How BP CEO Hayward Can Improve His Im...
- Funny Video: Kimmel Compares BP To Al Qaeda
- Funny Video: Colbert Lampoons BPs Positive Spin O...
- Funny Video: Jon Stewart Lampoons The G-20 Summit
- Posts Roundup at Dennys 14 Blogs - 4 July 2010
- Fourth of July Fireworks Cartoons - 3 July 2010
- How Do We Live Freedom and Liberty? poem - Libatio...
- 8 Funny Posts 4 A Grin From Dennys Blogs - 2 July ...
- How To Save Obamas Presidency AND The American Eco...
- ▼ July (54)
- ► 2009 (533)