From Denny: The biggest target this week for lampooning by late night comedians was, you guessed it, Sarah Palin. She does love to be controversial - even if it's negative attention she seems to thrive on it. Not exactly my idea of Presidential material and the kind of "thinker" I'd want with her finger on the nuclear weapons buttons... Wisdom is not in her vocabulary or daily practice.
From David Letterman:
"Anybody reading the 'Going Rogue' book, the Sarah Palin memoir? Remember the interview she did with Katie Couric before the election and it was confusing and clumsy. Well, in the book, Sarah Palin says that she felt ambushed when Katie Couric asked her what newspapers she read. This coming from a woman who hunts wolves from a helicopter."
"Sarah Palin signed copies — she's out on a massive book tour. This is a huge bestseller. She was at Barnes & Noble today and she actually had to take a break because she got a cramp in her wig."
"Then she got a sore hand from signing so many book copies. She had to call Rush Limbaugh to get some OxyContin, and that put her right where she wanted to be."
"Welcome to New York City. Beginning Monday, you know who's going to be here? Khalid Sheikh Mohammed will be here. He's going on trial. And the time that he's in New York City, he's going to be very busy. Monday, for example — Monday morning — he'll be on the 'Today Show,' singing 'I Dreamed a Dream.' Very busy schedule."
"He's not coming on this show, apparently because of a joke I made about his daughter."
"But listen to this. What a great idea. The CIA has a plan now, they're going to grab Osama bin Laden when he shows up for jury duty. They're going to get him, cuff him, outta here!"
"Here's great news. The United States Senate unveiled its healthcare bill. Listen to this: $849 billion, 2,000 pages. Whooo! Sounds like a Donald trump prenup."
From Jimmy Fallon:
"President Obama said he probably won't read Sarah Palin's new book, because she'll sell enough copies without him. Meanwhile, President Bush said he probably won't read Sarah Palin's book, because it's a book."
"The Senate unveiled its own version of the healthcare bill yesterday. It will cost $849 billion and cover 31 million Americans. It's so exciting. That means we're close to having that bill voted on by the Senate, then combined with the bill in House, then re-voted on again by both houses and then signed into law, which will take effect in three years. Exciting, right?!"
"I don't know if you guys know this, but tomorrow is Vice President Joe Biden's 67th birthday. Whenever he gets a birthday cake, he doesn't blow out the candles, he just talks and talks until the candles decide to put themselves out."
From Jay Leno:
"One week 'til Thanksgiving. Very excited about that. Back in Washington, our congressional leaders all preparing for the big Thanksgiving meal. I read today Nancy Pelosi already taking her turkey in to have its neck tightened up."
"The U.S. Postal Service announced this week that it lost $3.8 billion this year. Here's the worst part. You know how they lost it? In the mail."
"Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger says he will not run for another office once his term as governor is over. He said, 'I have never labeled myself as a politician.' At least that's what I think he said. Either that or, 'I never sat down at the table with an obstetrician.'"
From Conan O'Brien:
"President Obama has lifted his ban on doing interviews with Fox News. Well, yesterday, President Obama was interviewed by a reporter from Fox News. Yeah. And you could tell the reporter was from Fox News because the first question was, 'How do you think you're doing as president on a scale from minus one to minus ten?"
"Hey, President Obama was in South Korea today, discussing what to do about Iran's nuclear ambitions. And he said he plans to, quote, 'indicate our seriousness to Iran.' Obama plans to indicate our seriousness by having our next message to Iran read aloud by James Earl Jones."
"Earlier this week — this is crazy — the country's first marijuana cafe opened up, which not only sells medical marijuana, but also has a restaurant where customers can eat. In a related story, the recession is over."
"Hey, Kellogg's announced that due to a problem at the factory this year, there's going to be a nationwide shortage of Eggo waffles. The terror alert has been raised to orange."
From Jimmy Kimmel:
"The Sarah Palin tour made its top in Noblesville, Indiana, today. Her book, 'Going Rogue,' is still at the top of Amazon's best seller list, which is rare for a work of fiction."
*** Thanks for visiting and have a great work week! Keep smiling!
23 November 2009
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (349)
- ► 2010 (415)
- Roundup of Sunday Funnies 30 Nov 2009
- Catch Up On This Weeks Social Poets 29 Nov 2009
- Editorial Cartoons Roundup 28 Nov 2009
- A Man in Love - Libations Friday! 27 Nov 2009
- Making A Difference - Moms Helping Moms
- Funny Thanksgiving Quotes - Cheeky Quote Day! 25 N...
- Fun Video: Crazy Norwegian Newspaper Journalists ...
- All TSP Blog Followers From Blogger - What to Do W...
- Roundup of Sunday Funnies 23 Nov 2009
- All Libations Friday! Links List
- This Weeks Editorial Cartoons 21 Nov 2009
- Loving You - Libations Friday! 20 Nov 2009
- Check Out This Wonderful Poetry and Musings Blog F...
- Funny Quotes About Reading Habits - Cheeky Quote D...
- Catch Up on This Weeks 51 Posts At Dennys Blogs 17...
- Roundup of Sunday Funnies 16 Nov 2009
- Life Advice Poem by Rudyard Kipling
- This Weeks Editorial Cartoons 14 Nov 2009
- Reflections of That Moment - Libations Friday! 13 ...
- 5 Powerful Soul Affirmations, Soul Journey Poem
- Funny Money Advice - Cheeky Quote Day! 11 Nov 2009...
- Musicians Are Territorial Animals, Funny Post by D...
- Roundup of Late Night Funnies, Cartoons 9 Nov 2009...
- How Kindness Develops Your Strength - and Power to...
- Funny Editorial Cartoons 7 Nov 2009
- They Pull at Your Heartstrings Poem - Libations Fr...
- Video: 4 Ecology, Environment, Conservation, Ener...
- Ironic Grinners - Cheeky Quote Day! 4 Nov 2009
- Funny Little Poem About Everybody, Somebody and No...
- Roundup of Late Night Funnies 2 Nov 2009
- Lampooning the News Editorial Cartoons 1 Nov 2009
- ▼ November (31)