15 November 2009
Life Advice Poem by Rudyard Kipling
From Denny: It's Sunday and the weather is cooling for the coming winter. This time of year our thoughts often turn inward, introspective. Who better than Rudyard Kipling to help us ask the questions and give us some benchmarks to exceed our grasp? :) He was always a thorough thinker to help you to consider your way in Life.
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too:
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise;
If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same:
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools;
If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss:
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: “Hold on!”
If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much:
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!
by Rudyard Kipling
*** Thanks for visiting and come back often! :)
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (349)
- ► 2010 (415)
- Roundup of Sunday Funnies 30 Nov 2009
- Catch Up On This Weeks Social Poets 29 Nov 2009
- Editorial Cartoons Roundup 28 Nov 2009
- A Man in Love - Libations Friday! 27 Nov 2009
- Making A Difference - Moms Helping Moms
- Funny Thanksgiving Quotes - Cheeky Quote Day! 25 N...
- Fun Video: Crazy Norwegian Newspaper Journalists ...
- All TSP Blog Followers From Blogger - What to Do W...
- Roundup of Sunday Funnies 23 Nov 2009
- All Libations Friday! Links List
- This Weeks Editorial Cartoons 21 Nov 2009
- Loving You - Libations Friday! 20 Nov 2009
- Check Out This Wonderful Poetry and Musings Blog F...
- Funny Quotes About Reading Habits - Cheeky Quote D...
- Catch Up on This Weeks 51 Posts At Dennys Blogs 17...
- Roundup of Sunday Funnies 16 Nov 2009
- Life Advice Poem by Rudyard Kipling
- This Weeks Editorial Cartoons 14 Nov 2009
- Reflections of That Moment - Libations Friday! 13 ...
- 5 Powerful Soul Affirmations, Soul Journey Poem
- Funny Money Advice - Cheeky Quote Day! 11 Nov 2009...
- Musicians Are Territorial Animals, Funny Post by D...
- Roundup of Late Night Funnies, Cartoons 9 Nov 2009...
- How Kindness Develops Your Strength - and Power to...
- Funny Editorial Cartoons 7 Nov 2009
- They Pull at Your Heartstrings Poem - Libations Fr...
- Video: 4 Ecology, Environment, Conservation, Ener...
- Ironic Grinners - Cheeky Quote Day! 4 Nov 2009
- Funny Little Poem About Everybody, Somebody and No...
- Roundup of Late Night Funnies 2 Nov 2009
- Lampooning the News Editorial Cartoons 1 Nov 2009
- ▼ November (31)