20 November 2009
Loving You - Libations Friday! 20 Nov 2009
From Denny: Sometimes, it’s a good idea to think back on a relationship to see how it began and what makes it work well. There are a lot of opinions about what it takes to have a great marriage as there are different styles of marriage. Somehow, as lately I've been hearing about various friends and work acquaintances divorcing because of life's stresses, it caused me to reflect upon my own relationship.
When we first married you nurtured me back to trusting
You held me, comforted me and restored my confidence in others.
You helped me heal deep soul wounds so I could truly live again.
You were patient loving me when you were not a patient man.
You were obvious about loving when you were a shy introspective man.
You supported and encouraged though you had never known abuse.
Over the years we saw changes around us in the world and inside us.
We continued to laugh a lot and often; we kissed daily our morning hello.
When we parted for work, we blew kisses at each other and “I love you too.”
As I strengthened I became your anchor in the storms of Life, returning your Love.
Job loss was greeted as “So, who cares? We will carve out another."
Financial dips of income from one year to the next was met with “We will rebuild.”
When severe illness visited our doorstep we pulled together and survived.
When disappointments harangued us we swept them away with the wind.
No matter what came at us, we pulled together and solved the problem.
Best friends and lovers, wife and husband, we have built a life time.
We have more than memories after decades of partnership and marriage.
We fell in Love at first sight as two old souls who suddenly recognized each other.
We fell in Love, stayed in Love - even through disagreements and misunderstandings.
We live in Love with a deepening relationship worth more than anything we could want.
What we want, we have: loving you…
Copyright 19 November 2009
All Rights Reserved
*** Thanks for visiting and come back often! Have a great weekend! :)
Heart Photo by suchitra prints @ flickr
Wedding Ring Photo by Hammer51012 @ flickr
Bride descending the staircase photo by tostadophoto.com @ flickr
Bridal couple in the ocean photo by millzero @ flickr
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (349)
- ► 2010 (415)
- Roundup of Sunday Funnies 30 Nov 2009
- Catch Up On This Weeks Social Poets 29 Nov 2009
- Editorial Cartoons Roundup 28 Nov 2009
- A Man in Love - Libations Friday! 27 Nov 2009
- Making A Difference - Moms Helping Moms
- Funny Thanksgiving Quotes - Cheeky Quote Day! 25 N...
- Fun Video: Crazy Norwegian Newspaper Journalists ...
- All TSP Blog Followers From Blogger - What to Do W...
- Roundup of Sunday Funnies 23 Nov 2009
- All Libations Friday! Links List
- This Weeks Editorial Cartoons 21 Nov 2009
- Loving You - Libations Friday! 20 Nov 2009
- Check Out This Wonderful Poetry and Musings Blog F...
- Funny Quotes About Reading Habits - Cheeky Quote D...
- Catch Up on This Weeks 51 Posts At Dennys Blogs 17...
- Roundup of Sunday Funnies 16 Nov 2009
- Life Advice Poem by Rudyard Kipling
- This Weeks Editorial Cartoons 14 Nov 2009
- Reflections of That Moment - Libations Friday! 13 ...
- 5 Powerful Soul Affirmations, Soul Journey Poem
- Funny Money Advice - Cheeky Quote Day! 11 Nov 2009...
- Musicians Are Territorial Animals, Funny Post by D...
- Roundup of Late Night Funnies, Cartoons 9 Nov 2009...
- How Kindness Develops Your Strength - and Power to...
- Funny Editorial Cartoons 7 Nov 2009
- They Pull at Your Heartstrings Poem - Libations Fr...
- Video: 4 Ecology, Environment, Conservation, Ener...
- Ironic Grinners - Cheeky Quote Day! 4 Nov 2009
- Funny Little Poem About Everybody, Somebody and No...
- Roundup of Late Night Funnies 2 Nov 2009
- Lampooning the News Editorial Cartoons 1 Nov 2009
- ▼ November (31)