04 June 2009
First Blogger Award: Most Wonderful FAVORITE! Award
From Denny: Whew! This post took a couple of hours to pull together and a few days to think about which other writers to award. Apologies for getting out today's post so late...
This past week a wonderful guy by the name of Mystic Dave passed on a fellow blogger award to this blog and seven others. Thanks, Dave, as this is my very first blogger award! Coming from a fellow blogger makes it all that more dear to the heart, and, therefore, appreciated.
This award is so much fun that I found it a cool idea to pass it forward to others too. Sunflower Ranch awarded it to Mystic Dave who passed it on to me.
I've included the addresses as well as the links in case the links break over time when this post goes into the archives. You might want to do the same when you give out your awards. When you decide to give this award please include the following text as well.
“These are the rules in accepting this award:
Deliver this award to eight bloggers who then must choose and deliver the award to eight more and include the following text into the award.
"These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers."
From Denny: Here are my first group of seven favorite blogs and sites you will enjoy. Originally, I had eight bloggers listed here but one declined the award. Beats me as to why - guess they don't want to turn around and recognize and help promote other writers.
Since I don't have time for "professional jealousy or pettiness" I went ahead and removed that blogger as per their request. They were also removed from my favorite blogger links and favorite links pages. (Duh!) I am disappointed that someone would choose to be so small about promoting others but time to move forward to other people who will step up and engage, do something positive for others and grow their own mindset through a charitable attitude. I have another group I’m putting together to award as well.
Below these awarded writers are Mystic Dave’s and Sunflower Ranch’s award choices. After all, it’s good to promote others yet one more time! :)
Nina P’s Thoughts and Musings - Awesome personal poetry and other lovely thoughts. http://ninapthoughts.blogspot.com/
Quantum Learning - Ian Peatey from the UK, lives in Poland and Romania, blog dedicated to teaching nonviolence as a lifestyle. http://www.quantumlearning.pl/
Women As Mentors - “By women for women, share the knowledge of women who wish they had known then what they know now, support for trauma survivors.” http://www.womenasmentors.com/
Gluten Free Girl - How to create more energy and happiness through diet and make it taste good! Compelling personal story. http://glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com
Poetic Expression - Great resources and personal poetry, comprehensive site for many goodies. http://www.poeticexpression.net/
Crowned with Laurels - Lorenzo is a master of focusing upon the smallest detail to trigger a divine moment, all through his favorite medium: poetry. http://crownedwithlaurels.blogspot.com
The Crusty Curmudgeon – Christoph Reilly is one funny sarcastic guy commenting on today’s pop culture. http://thecrustycurmudgeon.wordpress.com
Congratulations to all the newly awarded blogs and sites above!
Keep up the great work, everybody!
Mystic Dave’s eight award choices:
1. The Social Poets – http://thesocialpoets.blogspot.com
2. Deep Thoughts - http://mojoey.blogspot.com/
3. Fear and Loathing: The Gonzo Papers - http://kilroythegonzopapers.blogspot.com/
4. Chris Stonecipher and Friends - http://christonecipher-friends.blogspot.com/
5. A Slice Of Life - http://a-mus-ing.blogspot.com/
6. My Magick Basket - http://mymagickbasket.blogspot.com/
7. Izzy's Gumbo of Poems - http://izzysgumbo.blogspot.com/
8. Untold Dreams - http://suryakana.blogspot.com/
Sunflower Ranch’s seventeen award choices:
“They deserve your attention and a closer look. I hope you'll find them as interesting and intriguing as I do. These bloggers reflect all sorts of view points and interests. I love to read all of them! I've enjoyed their creativity and talent -- every opinion and comment is delivered with passionate sincerity. The writing is outstanding! That's what draws me to them. I hope you will enjoy them, too! You're invited and encouraged to follow all the blogs linked in this post. You can't go wrong!
In no particular order, but all equally deserving of further attention, I proudly pass this award on to the following bloggers:”
1. 52 Books in 52 Weeks http://read52booksin52weeks.blogspot.com/
2. Izzy's Gumbo of Poems http://izzysgumbo.blogspot.com/
3. Double P in the Place to Be http://doublepintheplacetobe.blogspot.com/
4. The Orientalist Gallery http://theorientalistgallery.blogspot.com/
5. Raising Eden http://raisingeden.blogspot.com/
6. Before I am Famous http://beforeiamfamous.com/
7. Joy Magnetism http://www.joymagnetism.com/
8. ...This Time Tomorrow... http://www.woodstocklily.com/
9. Superganny's Musings http://supergrannysmusings.blogspot.com/
10. Grouchow's Weblog http://grouchow.wordpress.com/
11. Hey, I'm Trying to Write Here http://noveliststhoughts.blogspot.com/
12. The Holdfast Seeker http://holdfastseeker.blogspot.com/
13. Mystical Poetry, Prose, and Political Viewpoints (Mystic Dave) http://www.mysticalpoetryandpolitics.com/
14. Fleapirate's Plunder http://fleapiratesplunder.blogspot.com/
15. Patty Dooley Independent Shaklee Distributor http://pattyindependentshakleedistributor.blogspot.com/
16. Off The Record with Debbie & Tony http://www.delovesto.com/
17. A Well Timed Rant http://welltimedrant.blogspot.com/
From Denny: Feel free to pass this award on to someone you think is deserving, enjoy, and keep the circle of life going! Take some time and recognize fellow writers!
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (349)
- ► 2010 (415)
- A Spiritual Perspective: Michael Jackson
- What Do You Do to Reach Enlightenment and Then Aft...
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Sanford's ...
- Iran Headlines 28 June 2009
- George Carlin: Outrageous comedian
- Iran Headlines 27 June 2009
- New Software: Find Out Who Follows Your Tweets on...
- Iran Headlines 26 June 2009
- Libatons Friday! 26 June 2009
- Obama Headlines 25 June 2009
- Iran Headlines 25 June 2009
- Happy Birthday to One Talented Trumpeter!
- Iran Headlines 24 June 2009
- Video: Iran Charging Bullet Fee for Retrieving th...
- Cheeky Quote Day! 24 June 2009
- Iran Headlines 23 June 2009
- Video: Bad U.S. Scenarios if Iran Intervention
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - McCain is ...
- 3 Kinds of Men to Honor
- Thank you for your support!
- Why President Obama is Smart in Low-Key Iran Respo...
- Hateful Humor, Hit Counts, and Positive Politics
- Libations Friday! 19 June 2009
- New Additions to Photo Blog Roll!
- The Latest on the Iran Protests
- Awwww Sniffle Sniffle Sigh Awesome Photos
- Cheeky Quote Day! 17 June 2009
- Update: Read the Iranians Twitter Stream on the L...
- Visual Racist Propaganda From The GOP
- Save Lives in Iran: Blog About Their Situation
- Dishonor: Cheated Election Results in Iran
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - The Obama ...
- New Blog Look!
- Top 100 Blogs List
- My Cats, Their Names, and What They Made Me Call T...
- Funny Story: The Mayonnaise Jar and 2 Beers
- New Link Added to Interesting Mountain Climbing Bl...
- New Links Added to The Social Poets Fav Links Page...
- Libations Friday! 12 June 2009
- Organic Coffee That Burns Fat!
- Cheeky Quote Day! 10 June 2009
- 12 Thought Provoking Quotes Posts
- Video: Interview with Experts Panel About Preside...
- 3 Good Laughs!
- Video: Interview with Wall Street Insider as Auth...
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Extremists...
- How the Romantics Understood Poetic Individualism ...
- Parable: Blue Heron Balancing the Wind
- Libations Friday! 5 June 2009
- First Blogger Award: Most Wonderful FAVORITE! Awa...
- Cheeky Quote Day! 3 June 2009
- Consciousness, Thoughts and the Brain
- This Weeks Roundup of Sunday Funnies: Her Time Ha...
- ▼ June (53)