19 June 2009
Libations Friday! 19 June 2009
Coffee Photo by once and future @ flickr
From Denny: OK, I was flat out fascinated watching the coffee art videos and have included a few here to amuse you as well! I could have stayed on the ifood.tv site for hours, mesmerized at technique and designs - but somebody had to write this blog! :)
Coffee Art Videos - How to Make Rosettes - from ifood.tv
Latte Art 5 ROSETTA IN ONE CUP by Scottiecallaghan.com - Awesome video clips here
Amazing Coffee Art - Watch more amazing videos here
A super simple easy recipe from ifood.tv:
Spiced Coffee Recipe
3/4 cup whole Columbian coffee beans or 3/4 cup ground coffee
3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
6 cups water
How to make Spiced Coffee
Place coffee beans in container of a coffee grinder, process to a medium grind.
Assemble drip coffee maker according to manufacturer's directions.
Place ground coffee beans in paper filter of filter basket; sprinkle with cardamom and flavorings.
Add water to coffee maker, and brew.
Guardian of the Inner Sanctuary Photo by alicepopkorn @ flickr
On to the poetry section for today! I was starting to play too much over at the Coffee Art videos, too much fun!
Of course, I’m not finished with the next installment of the Primordial Dragon story, though I can tell you the title: The Dreamers. It needs some serious polishing before I release it. You know how the saying goes, “If Mama ain’t happy; ain’t nobody happy!”
Since I’ve started back up with a bit of fantasy writing my mind was on the ancient and thinking in millennia as opposed to hours or nanoseconds like we think in IT time in this fast-paced century. Then I remembered I wrote a keepsake poem for the new millennium. It isn’t like any of us have the opportunity every day to write a special piece just for the new next 1,000 years and live to tell it!
I went at it with the idea of what would I want people to read 1,000 or more years from now, assuming it survives the ravages of time. Many people choose to talk about the culture of the time period to give it flavor to the generations yet to come, the time capsule idea. That was a lovely idea but something else was nibbling at the edges of my mind. I thought about my usual “What if?” scenarios of which I am so fond. (I have a busy rich imagination, sigh…)
Well, I said to the only guy in the room: me, why not go for the gold? Why not write something to help chart a path for humanity to aspire for the next millennium? Think big; change comes. Think small; life is hard. I gave it a whirl like always. What began as a concept became a blessing for humanity!
Take note that this was written in the first year of the new millennium, what the Chinese call the Year of the Snake who represents Wisdom. If you have studied the Kabalah (Jewish mysticism) and the Tree of Life this makes even more sense to you as it touches on most of the spiritual energy principles constantly coming our way in the Universe. It is our endeavor as mankind to gain awareness of - and learn to interact with - that energy in a positive manner in order to benefit fully.
Imagine by alicepopkorn @ flickr
Ode to People of the New Millennium: A Blessing
May we ride the powerful waves of Eternity with ease.
May Joy live securely in our Hearts’ pockets.
May Success visit us daily.
May Knowledge chase after us as the dancing autumn wind,
Biting our heels with glee.
May Understanding peek into our thoughts and live with us
As our loyal best friends.
May Wisdom choose us, well respected, truly desired.
May Kindness be hailed as a great strength and new personal Discipline.
May Strength be paired only with Goodness.
May we comfortably pierce the thin veneer of lies, illusion, and misdirection
To Heartily, willingly view revealed Truth.
May we Shun a life of greed, pride, bickering and jealousy.
May we Endeavor a life philosophy of contributing “to the greater good of All.”
May we No longer Fear those who superficially appear different.
May we come to Know deeply that we are all One kind: before God.
May we choose to Give Love and Receive Love.
This is our Destiny fulfilled.
Copyright 24 January 2001
All Rights Reserved
Have a great weekend, everyone! Keep smiling!
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (349)
- ► 2010 (415)
- A Spiritual Perspective: Michael Jackson
- What Do You Do to Reach Enlightenment and Then Aft...
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Sanford's ...
- Iran Headlines 28 June 2009
- George Carlin: Outrageous comedian
- Iran Headlines 27 June 2009
- New Software: Find Out Who Follows Your Tweets on...
- Iran Headlines 26 June 2009
- Libatons Friday! 26 June 2009
- Obama Headlines 25 June 2009
- Iran Headlines 25 June 2009
- Happy Birthday to One Talented Trumpeter!
- Iran Headlines 24 June 2009
- Video: Iran Charging Bullet Fee for Retrieving th...
- Cheeky Quote Day! 24 June 2009
- Iran Headlines 23 June 2009
- Video: Bad U.S. Scenarios if Iran Intervention
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - McCain is ...
- 3 Kinds of Men to Honor
- Thank you for your support!
- Why President Obama is Smart in Low-Key Iran Respo...
- Hateful Humor, Hit Counts, and Positive Politics
- Libations Friday! 19 June 2009
- New Additions to Photo Blog Roll!
- The Latest on the Iran Protests
- Awwww Sniffle Sniffle Sigh Awesome Photos
- Cheeky Quote Day! 17 June 2009
- Update: Read the Iranians Twitter Stream on the L...
- Visual Racist Propaganda From The GOP
- Save Lives in Iran: Blog About Their Situation
- Dishonor: Cheated Election Results in Iran
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - The Obama ...
- New Blog Look!
- Top 100 Blogs List
- My Cats, Their Names, and What They Made Me Call T...
- Funny Story: The Mayonnaise Jar and 2 Beers
- New Link Added to Interesting Mountain Climbing Bl...
- New Links Added to The Social Poets Fav Links Page...
- Libations Friday! 12 June 2009
- Organic Coffee That Burns Fat!
- Cheeky Quote Day! 10 June 2009
- 12 Thought Provoking Quotes Posts
- Video: Interview with Experts Panel About Preside...
- 3 Good Laughs!
- Video: Interview with Wall Street Insider as Auth...
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Extremists...
- How the Romantics Understood Poetic Individualism ...
- Parable: Blue Heron Balancing the Wind
- Libations Friday! 5 June 2009
- First Blogger Award: Most Wonderful FAVORITE! Awa...
- Cheeky Quote Day! 3 June 2009
- Consciousness, Thoughts and the Brain
- This Weeks Roundup of Sunday Funnies: Her Time Ha...
- ▼ June (53)