05 August 2009
Cheeky Quote Day! 5 August 2009
From Denny: A new quote site I found is CoolNSmart and they sure have some funny ones! They don't give attribution as to who said the quotes though so you lose half of the experience. Other than that they go on for days with the funny sayings.
Listed under their category of Clever Quotes and Sayings are a few goodies to whet your word treat appetite:
* A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it.
* A clever man commits no minor blunders.
* How clever you are, my dear! You never mean a single word you say. (Could this be wife to former President Bush...?)
* I am so clever that sometimes I don’t understand a single word of what I am saying. (Now we know this is a Bush quote.)
* It’s good to be clever, but not to show it.
* To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance. (This sounds a lot like Oscar Wilde.)
* Clever people master life; the wise illuminate it and create fresh difficulties. (Love this one!)
* Copying from a single source is called plagiarism, copying from multiple source is called research. (Excepting when you site and/or quote them!)
* If you’re not very clever you should be conciliatory.
* Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity; I’m not sure about the universe.
* A lawyer with a briefcase can steal more than a thousand men with guns.
* Nothing shows a man’s character more than what he laughs at.
* Between thought and expression lies a lifetime.
* If you try to fail and succeed, then which have you done?
And under the category of Men Quotes (I'll equally skewer my fellow women on another Cheeky Quote Day, never fear!):
* If you never want to see a man again, say, ‘I love you, I want to marry you. I want to have children…’ - they leave skid marks.
* There are three stages of man: He believes in Santa Claus; he doesn’t believe in Santa Claus; he is Santa Claus.
* The best way to get a man to do something is to suggest they are too old for it. (Works every time!)
* Man has will, but woman has her way.
* If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.
* A gentleman is simply a patient wolf. (Yeah, but at least they have more finesse.)
* Never trust a husband too far or a bachelor too near.
* To be happy with a man you must understand him a lot and love him a little. To be happy with a woman you must love her a lot and not try to understand her at all.
* I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage. They’ve experienced pain and bought jewelry.
Hike on over to their site for more grins! Have a good work week!
Note: BTW, there wasn't any This Week: Roundup of Sundays Funnies because they were no updates on their site yet for this week. Guess all the internationaly breaking news took precedence over the funnies updating of the late night shows.
Clown Photo by Tansan @ flickr
Santa Claus, George W. Bush, Cheeky Quote Day, Kids and Teens, People and Society, Quotations, Holidays, Christmas, Oscar Wilde
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (349)
- ► 2010 (415)
- When Graphic Artists Get Bored
- Roundup of This Weeks Sunday Funnies - Goodbye Cas...
- Funny Ted Kennedy Quote
- 4 Videos: Funny Speakers at Kennedys Irish Wake
- 4 Videos: More Funny Speakers at Kennedys Wake
- President Obama's Eulogy of Friend Senator Ted Ken...
- 3 Videos: Public Turns Out for Ted Kennedy, Rober...
- How Senator Ted Kennedy Affected Your Life in Amer...
- 4 Videos: Lion of the Senate Ted Kennedy Dies
- Cheeky Quote Day! 26 August 2009
- Funny Illusion Photo: The Art of Hiding Well
- Video: Obama Justice Dept Shuts Up Republicans, S...
- This Weeks Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Afghanistan...
- Video: Obama Fever Hits Martha Vineyard for Presi...
- Video: Lockerbie Bomber Released by Scotland Unex...
- Just Some Poetry.
- Libations Friday! 21 August 2009
- Video: World of the Ridiculous - License Your Stu...
- Cheeky Quote Day! 19 August 2009
- Video: Hip Shaking Grannys Got Dance Game!
- Video: Honoring Eunice Kennedy Shriver Who Honore...
- This Weeks Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Watch Out O...
- Videos: Dems Nail the Death Panel Guys on Meet Th...
- Video: Making a Difference for Inner City Kids Th...
- Video: Making a Difference for Native Americans t...
- Libations Friday! 14 August 2009
- Video: The WHOLE Truth That Happened at the McCas...
- Video: Dancing Philippines Prisoners to Micahel J...
- Video: Wingnut Politics Against Health Care and O...
- Cheeky Quote Day! 12 August 2009
- 25 Weird Coffee Trivia to Astound and Amuse You
- This Weeks Roundup of Sunday Funnies: Sotomayors ...
- Video: Hispanic Sototmayor Finally Confirmed to H...
- Sonia Sotomayor Sworn In Today!
- Libations Friday! 7 August 2009
- The Stasi File on Michael Jackson
- Video: Making A Difference - Father's Heart Ranch...
- Cheeky Quote Day! 5 August 2009
- Breaking News: Bill Clinton Retrieves 2 U.S. Jail...
- New Book Titles Added to The Social Poets Store
- Funny Video: William Shatner Puts Gov. Sarah Pali...
- Funny Video: William Shatner Recites Gov. Sarah P...
- Link to Video: Hillary Clinton's Cutting Edge Dig...
- Blogging with Ads and a Blog Store
- Video: Obama's Aides Cautious Over Economy
- Joke: Smart Dog Goes Meat Shopping
- Trial Charges Against Iranian Moderates Are Flimsy...
- 3 Comic Strips: Ancient Egypt to Todays Politics ...
- Busy Week in World Politics Challenging Government...
- ▼ August (49)