Check out the funny opinions from the national cartoonists since China came to town.
From Denny: China - America's banker and proud owner of a sizable amount of our national debt- came for a visit this week. You know how it is when you just happen to own a trillion dollar investment? You just have to "check on your things."
China is known for being an extreme introvert when it comes to international responsibility. They still are not convinced to be an international joiner to the level of being accountable for heinous or illegal actions.
Every time China is challenged to grow its mindset it invokes "national sovereignty." This mental obstruction of theirs prevents them from stepping over the line to adopt healthy agreements like trade rules that every country adopts as a standard.
Of course, the Republicans enable China to continue in this obsessive attitude by agreeing with their argument that their country - and ours - should be free to do as we please in the world without consequences or being taken to task. Even if we don't make these rules legally binding it's high time the world community get together and agree on a culture of behavior and attitude so we all can trust each other.
Currently, China stinks at human rights abuses, continuing to be arrogant toward its own citizens that challenge China's government to do better. China is still caught up in the Emperor mentality, not allowing political discourse and arguments to help thrash out some practical solutions to national problems. The Communist Chinese like their government neat and orderly, squashing dissent.
Where China has improved is in the area of nuclear nonproliferation. They recently stepped up and played a constructive role in dealing with their backyard neighbor North Korea. They have also talked with the crazies in Iran about the wisdom of their nuclear program. How far they have gotten with both countries remains to be seen but at least China is willing to take on the odious job. For that they can be commended.
One thing is for sure since this state visit, there is a new saying in town: "Hu's your Sugar Daddy, America?!"
State visit from China, America's banker:
*** Photo by Mandel Ngun/France Presse
*** THANKS for visiting, feel welcome to drop a comment or opinion, enjoy bookmarking this post on your favorite social site, a big shout out to awesome current subscribers – and if you are new to this blog, please subscribe in a reader or by email updates!
*** Come by for a visit and check out my other blogs:
*** Check out Holiday Recipes From Dennys Food and Recipes
The Social Poets - news, politics, political cartoon humor
The Soul Calendar - science, astronomy, psychology
Visual Insights - photos, art, music
Beautiful Illustrated Quotations - spiritual quotes, philosophy
Best Spiritual Posts - my own best as well as links to other spiritual posts from all viewpoints
Poems From A Spiritual Heart - poetry
The Healing Waters - health news
Dennys People Watching - people in the news
Dennys Food and Recipes
Dennys Funny Quotes - humor
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- Posts Roundup at Dennys Blogs - 30 Jan 2011
- Political Cartoons: Obama 2011 State Of The Union
- Taxpayers to Goldman Sachs: Give Us Back Our $3 Bi...
- Popular Posts 2010 at Dennys Global Politics
- Guns, Economy, Political Discourse Cartoons
- Mother Holy Spirit poem - Libations Sunday 23 Jan ...
- China Visit Cartoons
- Poll: Palin Wears Thin on America
- Funny News: Check Out That Huge Honking Political ...
- Political Discourse American Style: Cartoons - 17...
- 37 Guns Issue and Tucson Shooting Cartoons
- Popular Posts 2010 at Dennys Funny Quotes
- Shooting Victim Rep. Giffords Responds Well to Fri...
- Popular Posts 2010 at Ouch Outrageous Obnoxious An...
- Most Popular Posts 2010 at The Soul Calendar
- News Analysis: Soul-Searching in America Over Giff...
- Democrat, Rep. Giffords, Shot In Head At Rally By ...
- Crazy American Political Humor - 8 Jan 2011
- Clueless New House GOP Act Like Bozos On First Day...
- 28 Awesome Desktop Calendar Wallpapers
- Funny Video: Happy New Year, Cartoonist Review of ...
- New Year Celebrations: History And Trivia
- Crazy American Political Humor - 1 Jan 2011
- ▼ January (23)
- ► 2010 (415)
- ► 2009 (533)