*** This week's political opinion delivered through the national cartoonists.
From Denny: Collecting these cartoons every week really demonstrates the national mindset on an issue. I post the pros and the cons from the cartoonists - unless the opinion expressed is an obvious lie of propaganda manipulation or just plain hate. An honest opinion is acceptable even if a negative one.
In the end, opinion is contingent upon all the facts getting delivered. Much of what passes for opinion in America is actually manufactured by political strategists working overtime to confuse Americans away from solving the problems in this great country. For, if Americans quit fighting each other - like over this wedge issue of the mosque building near not on Ground Zero in New York City - we would clearly see who is manipulating us against ourselves and what they have to gain by doing so.
So, people like me plod on trying to get the weak minds in this country to stop screaming long enough to see how they are being manipulated against their own best interests. I'll let you know when - if ever - we get a "break through" in the uphill process. :)
As to the Iraq War supposedly is over, well, it sure does not look like it. Just because 50,000 or so combat troops were pulled out and sent over to Afghanistan doesn't look like mission accomplished. It is simply not convincing when generals go before the media cameras to announce how they will be ready to rush back into Iraq if the Iraqis botch their own security.
Either we are in or we are out, make a decision, Mr. President and stick to one side of the decision line. It's this kind of continual "hedging your bets" that Democrats do in public that hurts our party with the American people, making us easy targets for the Republican strategists to strike a bulls eye.
This ambivalence is unacceptable. It's this constant wavering and uncertainty that has all of America so uncomfortable in the first place: the economy, jobs, excessively high unemployment to the tune of 20 percent in some large cities and now this war that is only "half over." The only way for leaders to calm a large country in chaotic times is to be definite, be certain and act decisively.
Economy and Politics of Voting:
House Ethics issues never die for both sides of the aisle because politicians only think of themselves instead of the good of their party and the good of America:
Prosecuting slippery politicians is just that - slippery:
The ongoing Afghan War and the "maybe we're done but maybe we're not" Iraq War:
The terrible flooding in Pakistan is the most effective, sadly, to change hearts and minds:
*** See more funny cartoons from this week:
Funny Odd Hunh?! Cartoons - 21 Aug 2010 - Check out this week's grinners to soothe your work week stress.
Raucous Tea Party Republicans Cartoons - 21 Aug 2010 - Check out what the cartoonists are lampooning about the Tea Party and the Republican idea of politics this time!
*** Bozo Sapien Award by I'm Fantastic at flickr
*** THANKS for visiting, feel welcome to drop a comment or opinion, enjoy bookmarking this post on your favorite social site, a big shout out to awesome current subscribers – and if you are new to this blog, please subscribe in a reader or by email updates!
*** Come by for a visit and check out my other blogs:
The Social Poets - news, politics
The Soul Calendar - science, astronomy, psychology
Visual Insights - photos, art, music
Beautiful Illustrated Quotations - spiritual quotes, philosophy
Poems From A Spiritual Heart - poetry
The Healing Waters - health news
Dennys People Watching - people in the news
Dennys Food and Recipes
Dennys Funny Quotes - humor
21 August 2010
Economy, Afghan War, America, World Politics Cartoons - 21 Aug 2010
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (349)
- Internet down
- Majority in Poll Say America Still Not Ready For B...
- Roundup of Late Night Funnies - 23 Aug 2010
- Funny Video: Stewart Rips Fox News Lies About Grou...
- Funny Video: Colbert on America as The Straight M...
- Funny Video: Campy Bed Bug PSA
- Posts Roundup at Dennys Blogs - 22 Aug 2010
- BP Screws Over Gulf Residents With New Claims Rest...
- Economy, Afghan War, America, World Politics Carto...
- Obama Family Photos and New Michelle Obama Portrai...
- Scumbag WikiLeaks Founder Assange Charged With Rap...
- Poetess Defies, Shocks Saudi Arabia
- Funny Back to School Quotes and Cartoons - Cheeky ...
- Funny Video: Truth Is Bush Tax Cuts Are 30 Percent...
- Roundup of Late Night Funnies - 16 Aug 2010
- Funny Video: Newt Gingrich Mocked by Colbert For L...
- Posts Roundup at Dennys Blogs - 15 Aug 2010
- Obama Blasted for Saying Religious Tolerance OK in...
- America and World Politics Cartoons - 14 Aug 2010
- Obama Sends Thousands More Jobs Out of America: M...
- Doctor Says Kids Suffer More From Gulf Oil Spill
- Is Obama A Lame Duck Already? Fire Team Obama to S...
- How Male Journalists Fight: Whiz All Over Each Oth...
- Earth to White House: Why You Are Getting Criticiz...
- Roundup of Late Night Funnies - 9 Aug 2010
- Funny Video: Jon Stewart Comments on Gay Marriage ...
- Funny Video: Colbert Reveals Master Plan to Ruin G...
- Posts Roundup at Dennys Blogs - 8 Aug 2010
- Cartoons: American Economy, Immigration, Iraq and ...
- What Is Prez Obama Really Thinking? Watch His Hand...
- Vision of The Gardener Prophet poem - Libations Fr...
- Is The Oil Spill Really Gone in the Gulf, More Smo...
- Speaker Pelosi Champions Unemployed, Orders House ...
- Roundup of Late Night Funnies - 2 Aug 2010
- Funny Video: Colberts Live Tony Hayward Cam Tracki...
- Funny Video: Jon Stewart Mocks Media For Sorry Wik...
- Posts Roundup at Dennys Blogs - 1 Aug 2010
- ▼ August (37)
- ► 2009 (533)