*** More bizarre reports from the BP and government corners trying to end the politics about the Gulf oil spill, when all they did was stir up a hornet's nest of criticism and anger.
White House tone deaf to the Gulf residents and Dems political survival
From Denny: Apparently, I'm not the only one who sees politics as the driving force behind the Gulf oil spill pie charts. The political guys at the White House - yet again - have made a really bad call, both on timing and substance. When tone deaf news reports like this barf out of the White House it always has Axelrod's fingerprints on it. What does the President see in this guy?
Oil spill report is bad science and just political posturing
On to the oil spill report trumpeting how there is hardly any oil left in the Gulf. This report is based on speculation "modeling and extrapolation and very generous assumptions" and that cannot be tested. People that ain't science; it's politics. How insensitive can this White House be to the Gulf residents?
BP Claims Fund still empty and not paying Gulf residents
Feinberg still doesn't have a choke hold on BP, screaming "Show me the damn money!" to fill the coffers of the Claims Fund. The White House still refuses to give a date as to when the Gulf residents can expect their long awaited reimbursements. Yet, suddenly, the White House has this neatly pie-charted report all ready to go as soon as BP yells out of the bedroom how they have achieved static kill orgasm, "The cement is down the pipe!" And Axelrod declares, "OK, release the document hounds and let's put this environmental disaster to bed before the November elections."
Plight of Louisiana's seafood industry
Is he really that bonehead stupid to think the people of Louisiana and the Gulf coast are going to forget about this shabby treatment? Putting out a report to declare all is well in the Gulf is fantasy thinking. The fishing industry here is decimated and so is tourism as it relied heavily upon the Louisiana slogan of the state as "The Sportsman's Paradise" - a lot of deep sea fishing.
The seafood fished here are mostly bottom and filter feeders like shrimp, crabs and oysters. Who is going to dine on this seafood that is ingesting the tar balls lying on the bottom of the ocean? So what if they are dispersed smaller tar balls? Tar balls are tar balls. Toxic is toxic. You can't change that reality no matter how many cute reports you feed to the media.
Obama should be winning hearts and minds in Republican country instead of angering them
This disaster was Prez Obama's prime time to win some hearts and minds back into voting for Democrats in this Republican territory. Instead, all he's done is piss them off to the maximum with these delaying tactics and trust in BP's consistent outrageous lying. Why doesn't the President start yanking BP federal contracts to start getting things done on all these matters? Money talks and all the rest of the bullshit walks.
From the science community criticizing this report:
"This is a shaky report. The more I read it, the less satisfied I am with the thoroughness of the presentation," Florida State University oceanographer Ian MacDonald told The Associated Press. "There are sweeping assumptions here."
"A lot of this is based on modeling and extrapolation and very generous assumptions,” said Samantha Joye, a marine scientist at the University of Georgia who has led some of the most important research on the Deepwater Horizon spill. “If an academic scientist put something like this out there, it would get torpedoed into a billion pieces."
Gulf oil spill not 'gone' -- close to half may still lurk in Gulf
A White House adviser said Wednesday that the 'vast majority' of the Gulf oil spill is gone. But a summary of the report she cited leaves some questions unanswered.
Gulf oil spill biggest ever, could cost BP $21 billion in fines
A new estimate suggests that the Gulf oil spill blowout gushed 4.9 million barrels of oil before BP capped it, making it the largest accidental oil spill in history.
Oil Spill Calculations Stir Debate on Damage - The Obama administration’s latest report on the Gulf of Mexico disaster set off a war of words Wednesday among scientists, Gulf Coast residents and political pundits about what to make of the Deepwater Horizon spill and its aftermath.
*** THANKS for visiting, feel welcome to drop a comment or opinion, enjoy bookmarking this post on your favorite social site, a big shout out to awesome current subscribers – and if you are new to this blog, please subscribe in a reader or by email updates!
*** Come by for a visit and check out my other blogs:
The Social Poets - news, politics
The Soul Calendar - science, astronomy, psychology
Visual Insights - photos, art, music
Beautiful Illustrated Quotations - spiritual quotes, philosophy
Poems From A Spiritual Heart - poetry
The Healing Waters - health news
Dennys People Watching - people in the news
Dennys Food and Recipes
Dennys Funny Quotes - humor
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (349)
- Internet down
- Majority in Poll Say America Still Not Ready For B...
- Roundup of Late Night Funnies - 23 Aug 2010
- Funny Video: Stewart Rips Fox News Lies About Grou...
- Funny Video: Colbert on America as The Straight M...
- Funny Video: Campy Bed Bug PSA
- Posts Roundup at Dennys Blogs - 22 Aug 2010
- BP Screws Over Gulf Residents With New Claims Rest...
- Economy, Afghan War, America, World Politics Carto...
- Obama Family Photos and New Michelle Obama Portrai...
- Scumbag WikiLeaks Founder Assange Charged With Rap...
- Poetess Defies, Shocks Saudi Arabia
- Funny Back to School Quotes and Cartoons - Cheeky ...
- Funny Video: Truth Is Bush Tax Cuts Are 30 Percent...
- Roundup of Late Night Funnies - 16 Aug 2010
- Funny Video: Newt Gingrich Mocked by Colbert For L...
- Posts Roundup at Dennys Blogs - 15 Aug 2010
- Obama Blasted for Saying Religious Tolerance OK in...
- America and World Politics Cartoons - 14 Aug 2010
- Obama Sends Thousands More Jobs Out of America: M...
- Doctor Says Kids Suffer More From Gulf Oil Spill
- Is Obama A Lame Duck Already? Fire Team Obama to S...
- How Male Journalists Fight: Whiz All Over Each Oth...
- Earth to White House: Why You Are Getting Criticiz...
- Roundup of Late Night Funnies - 9 Aug 2010
- Funny Video: Jon Stewart Comments on Gay Marriage ...
- Funny Video: Colbert Reveals Master Plan to Ruin G...
- Posts Roundup at Dennys Blogs - 8 Aug 2010
- Cartoons: American Economy, Immigration, Iraq and ...
- What Is Prez Obama Really Thinking? Watch His Hand...
- Vision of The Gardener Prophet poem - Libations Fr...
- Is The Oil Spill Really Gone in the Gulf, More Smo...
- Speaker Pelosi Champions Unemployed, Orders House ...
- Roundup of Late Night Funnies - 2 Aug 2010
- Funny Video: Colberts Live Tony Hayward Cam Tracki...
- Funny Video: Jon Stewart Mocks Media For Sorry Wik...
- Posts Roundup at Dennys Blogs - 1 Aug 2010
- ▼ August (37)
- ► 2009 (533)