01 July 2009
Cheeky Quote Day! 1 July 2009
Photo by I'm Fantastic @ flickr
From Denny: Summer heat has set in and July has arrived!
Thinking of the bizarre turn of events lately: Obama disinvited the Iranians from our Independence Day festivities on the Fourth. The Canadians followed suit. The Iranian regime has been exhibiting "bad form" lately with promoting a dictatorship, imprisoning and torturing their election protestors. Hmmm... I doubt they wanted to come anyway as they don't believe in independence, democracy or free speech. Guess we will have to catch them next year for the invite. Can the news get any stranger?
Well, while we agonize over the serious problems of the Iranian people we still need to laugh to keep our sanity and balance, so the Cheeky Quote Day goes on. These folks do have a way with words!
"USA Today has come out with a new survey: Apparently three out of four people make up 75 percent of the population."
"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."
"Men are simple things. They can survive a whole weekend with only three things: beer, boxer shorts and batteries for the remote control.”
"Women should be obscene and not heard."
"What would men be without women? Scarce, sir, mighty scarce."
"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.”
Matt Lauer (on NBC's Today Show)
"Researchers have discovered that chocolate produces some of the same reactions in the brain as marijuana. The researchers also discovered other similarities between the two but can't remember what they are."
It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.
I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That's deep enough. What do you want - an adorable pancreas?
If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?
At my age I do what Mark Twain did. I get my daily paper, look at the obituaries page and if I'm not there I carry on as usual.
You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write - interviewing people who can't talk - for people who can't read."
"Cockroaches and socialites are the only things that can stay up all night and eat anything."
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (349)
- ► 2010 (415)
- Politics: FINALLY! House Votes to Restrict Wall ...
- Libations Friday! 31 July 2009
- Falling in love again: A poem about opening yourse...
- Joke: Cat Goes to Heaven
- Video: Hurricane Katrina Super Volunteers 4 Years...
- Video: Cat in the Sack
- Cheeky Quote Day! 29 July 2009
- Video: Economic Worst Is Over?
- Video: Hillary Taking Charge
- Video: Uninsured America
- This Weeks Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Cambridge C...
- Video: What Made Wedding Video a Web Hit?
- Video: Wedding Party Recreates Blissful Boogie fo...
- Poem: Kiss Me Soft
- Viral Video: Wedding Entrance Dance
- Libations Friday! 24 July 2009
- Video: Obama's Prime Time News Conference Health ...
- Totally Ridiculous Comedy: Jacks Nightclub
- Millions Watch Solar Eclipse: Awe and Fear
- Cheeky Quote Day! 22 July 2009
- Video: Artsy Fascinating Ad for the PEN Series Ca...
- Does Happiness Elude You?
- Funny Video: I Just Want A Pizza!
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Biden Lick...
- How Do You Handle Excessive Stress?
- Update: Foreign Exchange Students Abuse Scandal
- Bloggers Unite: Global Human Rights Abuses
- Libations Friday! 17 July 2009
- Video: Foreign Exchange Students Abused in the Un...
- Outrageous Video: Bruno (Comedian Cohen) Talks wi...
- Video: News of the Absurd - Twitter, Soc the Cat ...
- Video: Why Did 168 People Die in Iran Plane Crash...
- Cheeky Quote Day! 15 July 2009
- Video: Transforming Inner City Blight
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Sarah Pali...
- Just Installed New Commenting Software
- Poem titled "First Impressions"
- Libations Friday! 10 July 2009
- Round and Round the Obvious: Republican Liars, CI...
- Video: Iranian Protestors March on 10th anniversa...
- Coming Soon: Photographic Memory in a Pill?
- Video: All the Truth About Chocolate and Antioxid...
- Video: Interview with Comedian Sarah Silverman
- Cheeky Quote Day! 8 July 2009
- How Do You Cultivate Inner Happiness?
- Video: Operation Mend
- Video: Mideast Conflict of Israel and Palestine
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - U.S. Kept...
- Video: Independence Day Trivia
- Video: The Crown of Liberty
- Fireworks Faves
- Happy July 4th!
- Fourth of July Quotes: Serious and Funny
- Libations Friday! 3 July 2009
- Video: King of Pop Reigns Again
- Video: Nutritious Chocolate, the New Super Food?
- Funny Photos: Chilling in Bed with a Couple of Ch...
- Cheeky Quote Day! 1 July 2009
- ▼ July (60)