From Denny: OK, this is rich and I just have to comment since I grew up in the CIA. What the Republicans are doing is unacceptable. What are they doing? Lying, lying and lying some more in the way of misdirection away from the guilty Party: them.
What I find almost as annoying are the media folks who can't seem to remember what they reported for eight years under the Bush administration. It's like they have a collective Who Me? amnesia.
Is the Speaker telling the truth? Yes. How do I know? I watched the news like everyone else during the Bush years and it was clear she and all other Democrats were pushed out of the small loop of information. Bush, Cheney, Rove, Rice and Gingrich were the main players, the true holders of power and dominance, policy and decision makers. When the CIA reported what they didn't want to hear, like the bald-faced truth, they demanded they rewrite their reports.
Remember the Valerie Plaume incident? They outted her (which is treason by the way even when they do it) because she came back with nuke info they didn't want to hear and she and her husband constantly contradicted Cheney and Bush's public lies with the evidence. By outting her they lost years of experience and destroyed a tough intelligence network to build.
Only fools would destroy an information-gathering network about the status of rogue nukes in the world and still believe they are patriots protecting the country. Protect us from people voting in these destructive fools who would not know a good decision if it jumped up in their faces and begged them to take it home and sleep with it for free.
How else do I know? I know the culture and the historical beginnings of the CIA. The CIA was originally created as "The President's Men" much like the Jesuits were created as "The Pope's Men." The CIA have always been the loyalists to whichever President is sitting in office, any party. They do what other agencies and public words cannot - whatever needs to be done, legal or illegal.
They basically can enable someone who is corrupted by absolute power and that's exactly what happened in the case of the Bush-Cheney years. After all, Bush and Cheney kept firing all the knowledgeable, competent and people of good character in the CIA, the Pentagon, and everywhere they had reach until they finally found enough weak and greedy people to carry out their bidding.
The short version is that Bush ordered them to lie and present false information. He ordered the CIA to withhold information from the Democratic members of Congress AND any moderate Republicans who just might share that info with Democrat friends across the aisle.
This fiasco belongs to the Republican Party and their minions (lobbyists) and enablers (voters). The press needs to grow a pair and quit forcing us to listen to the whiners who couldn't tell the truth if they tried. Maybe it's time to go to a one-party system as the Republicans have proven themselves useless to this country in our time of great need. They are too busy planning their next grab for power. The CIA has never truly been the issue today or in the past. They were just the reaction to the action set by Presidents.
Without the political party to direct and task them the CIA has no mission other than to gather information worldwide. What IS the issue are two events: the ruling political party who sets the policies and toxic politics into motion and the voters who enable that direction.
CIA Republicans Democrats Speaker Pelosi Gingrich politics Congress lobbyists voters Rove Bush Cheney information-gathering United States
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (349)
- ► 2010 (415)
- Politics: FINALLY! House Votes to Restrict Wall ...
- Libations Friday! 31 July 2009
- Falling in love again: A poem about opening yourse...
- Joke: Cat Goes to Heaven
- Video: Hurricane Katrina Super Volunteers 4 Years...
- Video: Cat in the Sack
- Cheeky Quote Day! 29 July 2009
- Video: Economic Worst Is Over?
- Video: Hillary Taking Charge
- Video: Uninsured America
- This Weeks Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Cambridge C...
- Video: What Made Wedding Video a Web Hit?
- Video: Wedding Party Recreates Blissful Boogie fo...
- Poem: Kiss Me Soft
- Viral Video: Wedding Entrance Dance
- Libations Friday! 24 July 2009
- Video: Obama's Prime Time News Conference Health ...
- Totally Ridiculous Comedy: Jacks Nightclub
- Millions Watch Solar Eclipse: Awe and Fear
- Cheeky Quote Day! 22 July 2009
- Video: Artsy Fascinating Ad for the PEN Series Ca...
- Does Happiness Elude You?
- Funny Video: I Just Want A Pizza!
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Biden Lick...
- How Do You Handle Excessive Stress?
- Update: Foreign Exchange Students Abuse Scandal
- Bloggers Unite: Global Human Rights Abuses
- Libations Friday! 17 July 2009
- Video: Foreign Exchange Students Abused in the Un...
- Outrageous Video: Bruno (Comedian Cohen) Talks wi...
- Video: News of the Absurd - Twitter, Soc the Cat ...
- Video: Why Did 168 People Die in Iran Plane Crash...
- Cheeky Quote Day! 15 July 2009
- Video: Transforming Inner City Blight
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Sarah Pali...
- Just Installed New Commenting Software
- Poem titled "First Impressions"
- Libations Friday! 10 July 2009
- Round and Round the Obvious: Republican Liars, CI...
- Video: Iranian Protestors March on 10th anniversa...
- Coming Soon: Photographic Memory in a Pill?
- Video: All the Truth About Chocolate and Antioxid...
- Video: Interview with Comedian Sarah Silverman
- Cheeky Quote Day! 8 July 2009
- How Do You Cultivate Inner Happiness?
- Video: Operation Mend
- Video: Mideast Conflict of Israel and Palestine
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - U.S. Kept...
- Video: Independence Day Trivia
- Video: The Crown of Liberty
- Fireworks Faves
- Happy July 4th!
- Fourth of July Quotes: Serious and Funny
- Libations Friday! 3 July 2009
- Video: King of Pop Reigns Again
- Video: Nutritious Chocolate, the New Super Food?
- Funny Photos: Chilling in Bed with a Couple of Ch...
- Cheeky Quote Day! 1 July 2009
- ▼ July (60)