From Denny: This story of two men and their families was profiled on Memorial Day. It demonstrates just how much people have to treat healing from severe trauma like it is an extreme sport. It is well worth the watching. If ever you feel you are having a bad day just come back and watch this video. These young men have been dealing with a lot over an extended period of time. It's interesting to hear their doctor talk about their desire to create this new program to help mend these soldiers of horrific wounds.
Experiences like this is one reason I've always opposed war - because I know and have seen the long-term consequences both for the soldiers and their families. Nor have I ever had much patience for the kind of people who recklessly promote needless war - and then don't have the good grace to properly and fully give a 100% to healing the people they sent off to war.
While the Republicans constantly disparage, deride and despise the Democrats as the Mommy Party they have done little for the returning disfigured veterans, writing them off as cannon fodder. As far as I'm concerned it takes far more courage to go to bat for all these soldiers to help them heal than it does to send nameless faces off to war. At least now the country and many volunteers are putting their wallets where they belong: promoting life instead of the taking of it or a depraved indifference as to their quality of life once they return from the battlefield. It's time Americans wake up and appreciate the efforts of people like this.
Watch CBS Videos Online
Democrats Republicans war anti-war veterans Iraq Afghanistan trauma burns cannon fodder wars and conflicts quality of life
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (349)
- ► 2010 (415)
- Politics: FINALLY! House Votes to Restrict Wall ...
- Libations Friday! 31 July 2009
- Falling in love again: A poem about opening yourse...
- Joke: Cat Goes to Heaven
- Video: Hurricane Katrina Super Volunteers 4 Years...
- Video: Cat in the Sack
- Cheeky Quote Day! 29 July 2009
- Video: Economic Worst Is Over?
- Video: Hillary Taking Charge
- Video: Uninsured America
- This Weeks Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Cambridge C...
- Video: What Made Wedding Video a Web Hit?
- Video: Wedding Party Recreates Blissful Boogie fo...
- Poem: Kiss Me Soft
- Viral Video: Wedding Entrance Dance
- Libations Friday! 24 July 2009
- Video: Obama's Prime Time News Conference Health ...
- Totally Ridiculous Comedy: Jacks Nightclub
- Millions Watch Solar Eclipse: Awe and Fear
- Cheeky Quote Day! 22 July 2009
- Video: Artsy Fascinating Ad for the PEN Series Ca...
- Does Happiness Elude You?
- Funny Video: I Just Want A Pizza!
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Biden Lick...
- How Do You Handle Excessive Stress?
- Update: Foreign Exchange Students Abuse Scandal
- Bloggers Unite: Global Human Rights Abuses
- Libations Friday! 17 July 2009
- Video: Foreign Exchange Students Abused in the Un...
- Outrageous Video: Bruno (Comedian Cohen) Talks wi...
- Video: News of the Absurd - Twitter, Soc the Cat ...
- Video: Why Did 168 People Die in Iran Plane Crash...
- Cheeky Quote Day! 15 July 2009
- Video: Transforming Inner City Blight
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Sarah Pali...
- Just Installed New Commenting Software
- Poem titled "First Impressions"
- Libations Friday! 10 July 2009
- Round and Round the Obvious: Republican Liars, CI...
- Video: Iranian Protestors March on 10th anniversa...
- Coming Soon: Photographic Memory in a Pill?
- Video: All the Truth About Chocolate and Antioxid...
- Video: Interview with Comedian Sarah Silverman
- Cheeky Quote Day! 8 July 2009
- How Do You Cultivate Inner Happiness?
- Video: Operation Mend
- Video: Mideast Conflict of Israel and Palestine
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - U.S. Kept...
- Video: Independence Day Trivia
- Video: The Crown of Liberty
- Fireworks Faves
- Happy July 4th!
- Fourth of July Quotes: Serious and Funny
- Libations Friday! 3 July 2009
- Video: King of Pop Reigns Again
- Video: Nutritious Chocolate, the New Super Food?
- Funny Photos: Chilling in Bed with a Couple of Ch...
- Cheeky Quote Day! 1 July 2009
- ▼ July (60)