From Denny: President Obama makes his case for national health care reform of some kind, preferably by August, though it looks like that deadline is going to be pushed back to Labor Day in September or longer.
Americans continue to groan under the weight of a weak economy, now 20 million people have experienced home foreclosure, banks are still failing, health care costs are still high, and continued, though somewhat slowed, job loss. The problem is that it will take a good decade to develop new jobs to a sustainable level. Meanwhile, families are going broke trying to pay for health care that often is denied when it comes time for the insurance companies to pay out.
Did I say our economy is in a real mess because it went unattended for eight years by the previous Bush administration? :) Considering the freefall going on it's pretty amazing anyone with a rational mind would oppose health care of some kind.
The reality is that it is needed and we had better start with something basic for everyone so we can stop breaking the backs of the hospitals with the uninsured flooding the emergency rooms for standard sore throat, colds and flu care. Preventive care and education of how to handle basics at home is also required so we don't end up with a nation of hypochondriacs running to the doctor for every sniffle.
Amazing too that Congress thinks it's OK to waltz off on a holiday while the majority of America is groaning under the weight of rising costs from every angle: food, gas, local and state taxes as well as health care.
Barack Obama, Health care, Insurance, Health, Breaking News, Health Policy, Labor Day, United States
Barack Obama, United States, Health care, msnbc.com, Health care in the United States, Insurance, Health
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (349)
- ► 2010 (415)
- Politics: FINALLY! House Votes to Restrict Wall ...
- Libations Friday! 31 July 2009
- Falling in love again: A poem about opening yourse...
- Joke: Cat Goes to Heaven
- Video: Hurricane Katrina Super Volunteers 4 Years...
- Video: Cat in the Sack
- Cheeky Quote Day! 29 July 2009
- Video: Economic Worst Is Over?
- Video: Hillary Taking Charge
- Video: Uninsured America
- This Weeks Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Cambridge C...
- Video: What Made Wedding Video a Web Hit?
- Video: Wedding Party Recreates Blissful Boogie fo...
- Poem: Kiss Me Soft
- Viral Video: Wedding Entrance Dance
- Libations Friday! 24 July 2009
- Video: Obama's Prime Time News Conference Health ...
- Totally Ridiculous Comedy: Jacks Nightclub
- Millions Watch Solar Eclipse: Awe and Fear
- Cheeky Quote Day! 22 July 2009
- Video: Artsy Fascinating Ad for the PEN Series Ca...
- Does Happiness Elude You?
- Funny Video: I Just Want A Pizza!
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Biden Lick...
- How Do You Handle Excessive Stress?
- Update: Foreign Exchange Students Abuse Scandal
- Bloggers Unite: Global Human Rights Abuses
- Libations Friday! 17 July 2009
- Video: Foreign Exchange Students Abused in the Un...
- Outrageous Video: Bruno (Comedian Cohen) Talks wi...
- Video: News of the Absurd - Twitter, Soc the Cat ...
- Video: Why Did 168 People Die in Iran Plane Crash...
- Cheeky Quote Day! 15 July 2009
- Video: Transforming Inner City Blight
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Sarah Pali...
- Just Installed New Commenting Software
- Poem titled "First Impressions"
- Libations Friday! 10 July 2009
- Round and Round the Obvious: Republican Liars, CI...
- Video: Iranian Protestors March on 10th anniversa...
- Coming Soon: Photographic Memory in a Pill?
- Video: All the Truth About Chocolate and Antioxid...
- Video: Interview with Comedian Sarah Silverman
- Cheeky Quote Day! 8 July 2009
- How Do You Cultivate Inner Happiness?
- Video: Operation Mend
- Video: Mideast Conflict of Israel and Palestine
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - U.S. Kept...
- Video: Independence Day Trivia
- Video: The Crown of Liberty
- Fireworks Faves
- Happy July 4th!
- Fourth of July Quotes: Serious and Funny
- Libations Friday! 3 July 2009
- Video: King of Pop Reigns Again
- Video: Nutritious Chocolate, the New Super Food?
- Funny Photos: Chilling in Bed with a Couple of Ch...
- Cheeky Quote Day! 1 July 2009
- ▼ July (60)