From Denny: The public wallet has yet to rally as fast as these big businesses. Unemployment is almost double digits, the economy is on life support propped up by bail outs which translates as coming from the wallets of the middle class who lost their jobs those same big businesses chose to send overseas. It isn't really very smart when a business takes jobs away from the very people who turn around and purchase their products, now is it? That's basically what has happened.
There is a significant need to get serious about regulating Wall Street and other robber baron big businesses in America. Until then, the average middle class investor will not trust them with their money. Until regulation is done, overseas investors won't have a healthy long-term confidence either.
Realistically, expect a correction in these rosy statistics.
"The stock market recently rallied to its best level all year, which is making investors hope that this could be a signal that the worst of the economic downturn is over. Karen Brown reports."
Watch CBS Videos Online
United States, economy, news
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (349)
- ► 2010 (415)
- Politics: FINALLY! House Votes to Restrict Wall ...
- Libations Friday! 31 July 2009
- Falling in love again: A poem about opening yourse...
- Joke: Cat Goes to Heaven
- Video: Hurricane Katrina Super Volunteers 4 Years...
- Video: Cat in the Sack
- Cheeky Quote Day! 29 July 2009
- Video: Economic Worst Is Over?
- Video: Hillary Taking Charge
- Video: Uninsured America
- This Weeks Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Cambridge C...
- Video: What Made Wedding Video a Web Hit?
- Video: Wedding Party Recreates Blissful Boogie fo...
- Poem: Kiss Me Soft
- Viral Video: Wedding Entrance Dance
- Libations Friday! 24 July 2009
- Video: Obama's Prime Time News Conference Health ...
- Totally Ridiculous Comedy: Jacks Nightclub
- Millions Watch Solar Eclipse: Awe and Fear
- Cheeky Quote Day! 22 July 2009
- Video: Artsy Fascinating Ad for the PEN Series Ca...
- Does Happiness Elude You?
- Funny Video: I Just Want A Pizza!
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Biden Lick...
- How Do You Handle Excessive Stress?
- Update: Foreign Exchange Students Abuse Scandal
- Bloggers Unite: Global Human Rights Abuses
- Libations Friday! 17 July 2009
- Video: Foreign Exchange Students Abused in the Un...
- Outrageous Video: Bruno (Comedian Cohen) Talks wi...
- Video: News of the Absurd - Twitter, Soc the Cat ...
- Video: Why Did 168 People Die in Iran Plane Crash...
- Cheeky Quote Day! 15 July 2009
- Video: Transforming Inner City Blight
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Sarah Pali...
- Just Installed New Commenting Software
- Poem titled "First Impressions"
- Libations Friday! 10 July 2009
- Round and Round the Obvious: Republican Liars, CI...
- Video: Iranian Protestors March on 10th anniversa...
- Coming Soon: Photographic Memory in a Pill?
- Video: All the Truth About Chocolate and Antioxid...
- Video: Interview with Comedian Sarah Silverman
- Cheeky Quote Day! 8 July 2009
- How Do You Cultivate Inner Happiness?
- Video: Operation Mend
- Video: Mideast Conflict of Israel and Palestine
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - U.S. Kept...
- Video: Independence Day Trivia
- Video: The Crown of Liberty
- Fireworks Faves
- Happy July 4th!
- Fourth of July Quotes: Serious and Funny
- Libations Friday! 3 July 2009
- Video: King of Pop Reigns Again
- Video: Nutritious Chocolate, the New Super Food?
- Funny Photos: Chilling in Bed with a Couple of Ch...
- Cheeky Quote Day! 1 July 2009
- ▼ July (60)