10 January 2010
Wonderful Serious Quotes About Time
From Denny: New Year's revelry, sudden diets, New Year's resolutions and plenty of funny quotes about the New Year have all been enjoyed the past couple of weeks. Time to settle in and take a look at some mental soul food: intriguing observations and easy advice for living Life to the fullest!
* Today is a smooth white seashell, hold it close and listen to the beauty of the hours. - Anonymous
* Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be, rather be one. - Marcus Aurelius
* Better late than never, but never late is better. - Anonymous
* This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure. - Winston Churchill
* Time heals what reason cannot. - Seneca
* This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
* Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in. - Henry David Thoreau (American Essayist, Poet and Philosopher, 1817-1862)
* Time is at once the most valuable and the most perishable of all our possessions. - John Randolph
* Time is equal to life; therefore, waste your time and waste of your life, or master your time and master your life. - Alan Lakein
* Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can send it. Once you've lost it, you can never get it back. - Harvey Mackay
* We say we waste time, but that is impossible. We waste ourselves. - Alice Bloch
* To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time. - Leonard Bernstein
photo by padfootspatronus @ photobucket
* Time is the cruelest teacher; first she gives the test then teaches the lesson. – Anonymous
* Often times I have hated in self-defense; if I were stronger I would not have used such a weapon. - Kahlil Gibran (Lebanese born American philosophical Essayist, Novelist and Poet. 1883-1931)
* Time is like money, the less we have of it to spare the further we make it go. - Josh Billings
* The time is always right to do what is right. – Martin Luther King, Jr. (American Baptist Minister and Civil-Rights Leader. 1929-1968)
* There is only one you for all time. Fearlessly be yourself. - Anthony Rapp, actor
* In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. - Albert Schweitzer (German medical Missionary, Theologian, Musician and Philosopher. 1952 Nobel Peace Prize, 1875-1965)
* Never let yesterday use up today. - Richard H. Nelson
* If you get up one more time than you fall you will make it through. - Chinese Proverbs
* Defer no time, delays have dangerous ends. - William Shakespeare
* Time is the justice that examines all offenders. - William Shakespeare
* Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity. - Henry Van Dyke (American short-story Writer, Poet and Essayist, 1852-1933)
* No army can withstand the strength of an idea whose time has come. - Victor Hugo
* Nobody sees a flower - really - it is so small it takes time - we haven't time - and to see takes time, like to have a friend takes time. - Georgia O'Keefe
* Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely. - Auguste Rodin
* Once you have mastered time, you will understand how true it is that most people overestimate what they can accomplish in a year - and underestimate what they can achieve in a decade! - Anthony Robbins
* One problem with gazing too frequently into the past is that we may turn around to find the future has run out on us. - Michael Cibenko
* One realizes the full importance of time only when there is little left of it. Every man's greatest capital asset is his unexpired years of productive life. - P. W. Litchfield
* Ordinary people think merely of spending time. Great people think of using it. - Anonymous
* Realize that now, in this moment of time, you are creating. You are creating your next moment. That is what's real. - Sara Paddison
* Remember, you can earn more money, but when time is spent is gone forever. - Zig Ziglar
* Time is our most valuable asset, yet we tend to waste it, kill it and spend it rather than invest it. - Jim Rohn
* Time is the most precious element of human existence. The successful person knows how to put energy into time and how to draw success from time. - Denis Waitley
* Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. - Laertius Diogenes
Photo by muha... @ flickr
* Time is the substance from which I am made. Time is a river which carries me along, but I am the river; it is a tiger that devours me, but I am the tiger; it is a fire that consumes me, but I am the fire. - Jorge Luis Borges
* Time is the wisest counselor. - Pericles
* Time ripens all things, no man is born wise. - Miguel de Cervantes
* Those who make the worse use of their time are the first to complain of its shortness. - Jean De La Bruyere
* Time and health are two precious assets that we don't recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted. - Denis Waitley
* Time and memory are true artists; they remold reality nearer to the heart's desire. - John Dewey
* Time and money spent in helping men to do more for themselves is far better than mere giving. - Henry Ford
* Time flies. It's up to you to be the navigator. - Robert Orben
* Time heals what reason cannot. - Seneca
* Time is a circus, always packing up and moving away. - Ben Hecht
* Marcus Aurelius Antoninus: Time Quotations
Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong as its current; no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and another takes its place, and this too will be swept away.
Photo by Igor Zenin
* We always have time enough if we will but use it aright. - Goethe
* We are too busy mopping the floor to turn off the faucet. - Anonymous
* We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand - and melting like a snowflake. - Marie B. Ray
* We must use time as a tool, not as a couch. - John F. Kennedy
* Yesterday is a canceled check; tomorrow is a promissory note; today is the only cash you have - so spend it wisely. - Kay Lyons
* What would be the use of immortality to a person who cannot use well a half an hour. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
* When the time is right, you just got to do it. - Jack Simplot
* Today, be aware of how you are spending your 1,440 beautiful moments, and spend them wisely. - Anonymous
* Until you value yourself, you will not value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it. - M. Scott Peck
* You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future. - Anonymous
* Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out. It's all about timing. - Stacey Charter
Photo by jillallyn @ flickr
* We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams. - Jeremy Irons
*** Check out more fun New Years posts:
Funny New Years Animations and Clip Art
New Years Reflection: Wine Glass Abyss, Libations Friday! 1 Jan 2010
8 Easy Yummy New Years Recipes to Warm Your Guests
Fun Kid Recipes, Activities Keep Them Busy For Holidays
*** THANKS for visiting, feel welcome to drop a comment or opinion, enjoy bookmarking this post on your favorite social site, a big shout out to awesome current subscribers – and if you are new to this blog, please subscribe in a reader or by email updates!
*** Come by for a visit and check out my other blogs:
*** Check out Holiday Recipes From Dennys Food and Recipes
The Social Poets - news, politics
The Soul Calendar - science, astronomy, psychology
Visual Insights - photos, art, music
Beautiful Illustrated Quotations - spiritual quotes, philosophy
Best Spiritual Posts - my own best as well as links to other spiritual posts from all viewpoints
Poems From A Spiritual Heart - poetry
The Healing Waters - health news
Dennys People Watching - people in the news
Dennys Food and Recipes
Dennys Funny Quotes - humor
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (349)
- Political Showdown: Obama in Face-Off with House ...
- Editorial Cartoons This Week 30 Jan 2010
- Angels Left Behind: Orphans of the World poem - Li...
- 67 Charities to Donate: Helping Haiti Heal
- Positive Thinking - Cheeky Quote Day 27 Jan 2010
- American Public Angry at Prez Obamas 1st Year in O...
- Roundup of Late Night Funnies 25 Jan 2010
- Popular Posts 2010 at The Social Poets and Thank Y...
- Mission of Hope Run by American in Haiti
- Editorial Cartoons This Week - 23 Jan 2010
- I Wait, poem for Haiti - Libations Friday 22 Jan 2...
- 2 Inspiring Haiti Stories: Woman Pulled From Wrec...
- Inspiring Quotes About Disaster - Cheeky Quote Day...
- This Weeks Posts @ The Social Poets 19 Jan 2010
- Roundup of Late Night Funnies 18 Jan 2010, Conan O...
- Historical Journey: 7 Women Ski to the South Pole...
- Haiti Earthquake - Editorial Cartoons 16 Jan 2010
- Swirling Thoughts Poem - Libations Friday! 15 Jan ...
- Funny Quotes About Time - Cheeky Quote Day! 13 Jan...
- Funny Music Video of How Americans Sound to Foreig...
- Roundup of Late Night Funnies 11 Jan 2010
- Wonderful Serious Quotes About Time
- Funny Editorial Cartoons 9 Jan 2010
- Those Funny Memories poem - Libations Friday! 8 Ja...
- Ending Child Labor in South Asia Rug Factories
- 10 Top Quotes of 2009 - Cheeky Quote Day! 6 Jan 20...
- Keeping Chicago Kids Out of Trouble: After School...
- How Funny! 10 Banned Overused Buzzwords of 2009
- Where to Go When the End Times 2012 Hit
- This Week at The Social Poets 31 Dec 2009
- Editorial Cartoons 2 Jan 2010
- New Years Reflection: Wine Glass Abyss, Libations...
- ▼ January (32)
- ► 2009 (533)