This sure is a mean - and more competitive than usual - political season.
From Denny: This is a midterm election season and it is in full swing like a Presidential election. This year is when the controlling political party gets to redistrict the nation to give one party or another more seats and deprive their competition of enough to drive them into minority status. Meanwhile, it's the voters who suffer from these greedy selfish practices. The Republicans are the most notorious in breaking up Democratic strongholds they could never gain control of to get a seat in the House or the Senate unless they did gerrymander the voting district.
This year, because of the Supreme Court ruling, there are now anonymous donors throwing $20 million checks at the Republicans - and some Democrats - to buy back Congress. It's shameful how the Republicans have sold out this county. No other country in the world allows foreign companies or countries to lobby their political members - let allow buy them for hire.
President Bush sold out our nation's ports to the Saudis and now President Obama has allowed the Saudis to buy up a lot of our Big Banks and Wall Street. It does make you wonder if the Saudi owners are intent upon imploding our economy as a way to take down America through economic terrorism - much to the delight of Islamic extremists. Their mortgage home foreclosure policies are as skunky as their credit cards' excessive usury and outrageous fees practices.
There are a lot of issues to vote about come this Tuesday, November 2nd. Make sure you get out the vote in your area. Register your opinion and let your voice be heard loud and clear - above the din of coins dropping into the pockets of Congress. This year is The Battle Royal as the voter is working hard to wrestle control away from corrupt corporate politicians. Help keep Speaker Nancy Pelosi in office.
Oh, those well paid for by anonymous donors political ads:
Political mud slinging - even when it's true:
Just plain politics:
19 years after the fact now there are several women finally coming foward to admit Anita Hill was correct about Justice Thomas is not fit to sit on the Supreme Court:
Tea Party darlings:
Bamkruptcy and family in-fighting greed after the founder's death hit the megachurch:
American sports have finally figured out the perils of head-butting in a game. Be aware that the human skull is only one-quarter inch thick and easy to pierce, crack, fracture or break. There's a reason why we wear helmets for sports:
Gay Rights of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell":
The real reason America is fighting a war in Afghanistan:
Global warming and the education of America:
*** Check out more humor this week:
Funny Life Cartoons - 21 Oct 2010 - Get a grin today while tripping through the cracked minds of some talented cartoonists while they explore our lives and give us their opinions.
*** THANKS for visiting, feel welcome to drop a comment or opinion, enjoy bookmarking this post on your favorite social site, a big shout out to awesome current subscribers – and if you are new to this blog, please subscribe in a reader or by email updates!
*** Come by for a visit and check out my other blogs:
The Social Poets - news, politics
The Soul Calendar - science, astronomy, psychology
Visual Insights - photos, art, music
Beautiful Illustrated Quotations - spiritual quotes, philosophy
Best Spiritual Posts - my own best as well as links to other spiritual posts from all viewpoints
Poems From A Spiritual Heart - poetry
The Healing Waters - health news
Dennys People Watching - people in the news
Dennys Food and Recipes
Dennys Funny Quotes - humor
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (349)
- American Midterms and World Politics Cartoons - 30...
- Jon Stewart Interviews Obama Economic Advisor
- Americans Lose Jobs Twice As Fast As Immigrants Ga...
- Prez Obama Interviews At The Daily Show With Jon S...
- Why Women Are Not Inspired to Vote Right Now
- Posts Roundup at Dennys Blogs - 25 Oct 2010
- American and World Economy Cartoons - 24 Oct 2010
- American Political Season - 23 Oct 2010
- Friday Lite: Funny Elvira Spoofs I Am Not A Witch ...
- CNN Interviews Outted American Spy Valerie Plame A...
- Roundup of Late Nite Jokes and Videos - 18 Oct 201...
- American Economy and Crazy World Politics - 16 Oct...
- Popular President Clinton On The Economy, Mid-Term...
- Chilean Miners Video: All 33 Miners As They Emerge...
- 1 Billion Worldwide Watch 33 Chilean Miners Rescue...
- Monday Lite: Roundup of Late Night Jokes and Video...
- American Economy and Crazy Politics - 9 Oct 2010
- Poem From God - Libations Friday 8 Oct 2010
- Rapping Politically Slamming Poetry Inspired By Ra...
- Prez Obama Slaps Down Big Banks For Shady Home For...
- Obama Investigates: Big Banks Screw Up Home Forecl...
- Posts Roundup at Dennys Blogs - 5 Oct 2010
- American and World Politics Cartoons - 2 Oct 2010
- Friday Lite: Roundup of Late Night Jokes and Video...
- Funny Video: Jon Stewart Announces Restore to Sani...
- Funny Video: Colbert Announces Keep Fear Alive Mar...
- Funny Video: Jon Stwart Lampoons Republican New Pl...
- Funny Video: Stewart Questions Character of Congre...
- Funny Video: Colbert Ponders Tea Party Christines ...
- Funny Video: Stewart Finds Obama Kryptonite
- Funny Video: Jon Stearrt Discusses Rally to Resto...
- Funny Video: Stewart Says Tea Party Won The Battle...
- Funny Video: Colbert Proposes Christine ODonnell W...
- Funny Video: March to Keep Fear Alive Media Cover...
- ▼ October (34)
- ► 2009 (533)