05 October 2009
Roundup of Sunday Funnies, Cartoons - Olympics, Obama and Oh, No!
From Denny: I like the way this cartoon was put up crooked on the cartoon site, probably unintentional but somehow telling. It's pretty much how regular Americans feel in their life right now: everything is askew since the job situation is up in the air. Most Americans only work up to 33 hours a week and without benefits. Big Business has been throwing its weight around to bully the American worker for the past 25 years.
All this colossal mess started with the electing of Republicans into Congress who were unashamedly in the pockets of lobbyists. While Washington has always suffered from the lobbyist plague; today lobbyist ratios have increased to hundreds per legislator. They were allowed to run amuck during the Bush years and multiplied like whore rabbits. Will someone please quit feeding them or organize a "hunt and shoot on sight" with the gun lobby?
The Jay Leno Show
Jay Leno: The International Olympic Committee voted, and Chicago didn't win. Which, hey, I can understand that. It's October, Chicago never wins in October.
Palin chose an author known as a White Supremacist to write her book. No wonder it's a best-seller with the racist crowd:
Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
Jimmy Fallon: Sarah Palin's 400-page memoir: It starts out OK, it get's really exciting, and then confusing, and then the last 100 pages are blank.
The unsympathetic Polanski trying to weasel his way out of answering for his creepy ways:
Definitely a satire on the Republican Party's mental hospital antics of the Birther and Death Panel bizarros that have backfired on their strategists with the public:
The Tonight Show
Conan O'Brien: First lady Michelle Obama just made an appearance on "Sesame Street." It was all going very well. But then Big Bird showed up and things got a little uncomfortable.
Big Bird: Well, look who's here to push her husband's socialist health care agenda.
Michele Obama: Well, Big Bird ...
Big Bird: Or maybe you're here to finally show us your husband's United States birth certificate.
Michele Obama: No, Big Bird, I'm not.
Big Bird: That's 'cause you can't.
Ah, local politics is always dirtier than the national. It's dirty in New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Texas, Louisiana, Florida, and every other state in the Union. The listed are the stars of long-term corruption.
The Colbert Report
Stephen Colbert: There's no better way for the International Olympics Committee to shed its reputation for corruption. Because next to Chicago, nobody looks corrupt.
The Jay Leno Show
Jay Leno: Tom Delay on "Dancing Wth the Stars" the other night. There was one very odd moment when the judges revealed their score.
The Late Late Show
Craig Ferguson: Forbes magazine released its list of the 400 richest people in the country. It was shocking to me. I had no idea there were 400 rich people left in the country!
Well, this little list should keep them talking at the water cooler this Monday morning! Have a great day! :)
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (349)
- ► 2010 (415)
- 7 Political Posts at Dennys Global Politics 31 Oct...
- 13 Lollapalooza Halloween Posts to Make You Grin!
- Angel Diaries: Samuel - Libations Friday! 30 Oct ...
- Video: Sellout Journalist Stossel Helps Sell Anti...
- Lampooning Perfectionists - Cheeky Quote Day 28 Oc...
- Video: Making a Difference - Bicycles Helping Peo...
- Roundup of Sunday Funnies 26 Oct 2009 - Balloon Tr...
- 22 Interesting Varied Blog Posts, 23 Oct 2009
- 2 Great and Easy Pecan Bundt Cake Recipes
- Editorial Cartoons This Week 24 Oct 2009
- Happy Birthday to The Social Poets Blog, Angels Br...
- Video: Interviewing Novelist Dan Brown on The Los...
- Video: Good Stories and Clues 1 to 4 for The Lost...
- Video: Dan Browns New Book The Lost Symbol
- Video: The Lost Symbol - Secrets of the National ...
- Video: Obama Talks About Womens Issues
- 35 Jay Leno Quotes for Cheeky Quote Day 21 October...
- Video: Restaurant Foods Compost Great Wines
- Roundup of Sunday Funnies: Hillary's Stressed, Ob...
- Dennys Louisiana Lyon Oven Pancake
- This Weeks Editorial Cartoons 17 Oct 2009
- Libations Friday! 16 October 2009
- Funny Photo: Billionaires for Wealthcare
- Cool Creepy Morphing Eyes Animation
- Cool Video: Prez Obama Honored for Nobel in Sand ...
- Cheeky Quote Day! 14 October 2009
- 16 Thoughtful Quotes From President Barack Obama, ...
- This Weeks Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Biden's Nob...
- Home: Abandoned House with Cool Poem
- This Weeks Editorial Cartoons 10 October 2009
- Libations Friday! 9 October 2009
- Video: Debate - Health Bill Versions Differ From ...
- Video: 1st Video of Anne Frank
- Video: New Insight into Van Gogh Thru His Many Le...
- Video: Afghanistan War At One Year Anniversary
- Cheeky Quote Day! 7 October 2009
- Video: The New Yorker Examines the Financial Cris...
- Video: Republicans Jeer and Sneer the President
- Roundup of Sunday Funnies, Cartoons - Olympics, Ob...
- Video: Despite Personal Tragedy, Violinist Inspir...
- This Weeks Editorial Cartoons 3 October 2009
- Libations Friday! 2 October 2009
- Video: Applaud the Democrat Who is Defiant Over D...
- Video: Shocking Photo of Cheating Prez or Somethi...
- Video: Making a Difference - American High School...
- ▼ October (45)