18 May 2009
From Denny: Here's the short roundup of the late night show quips for this week!
As toxically expected the Bush League has been in full tilt operation this week trying to bury Nancy Pelosi with the usual idiot nonsense. She's so angry she can't see straight.
It will be interesting to see how long it takes before she does a 180 degree turn and starts prosecuting the Bush crowd for their high crimes and misdemeanors. Maybe this is what it will take to light a fire under her and other Dems to start taking out the trash in politics.
Trying to distract the public by discrediting and trashing Pelosi and other Dems still won't wash the stench off the Republican Party for the past eight years. Own it.
As Keith Obermann said so eloquently, "At the rate the Republican Party is going, especially with Cheney so foolishly outspoken, they are quickly going the way of the Whig Party. Who's the Whig Party? My point, exactly!"
Late Night With Jimmy Fallon
Jimmy Fallon: House speaker Nancy Pelosi says that the CIA lied to her in 2003. Yeah, apparently, they sent her a document saying that her makeup looked subtle.
Jimmy Kimmel Live
Kimmel: Even NASA is feeling the effects of the economy all the way in space. It looks good. (Fake footage of guy handing out pink slip in space.) "You're fired!" (Astronaut:) "Oh terrific."
The Tonight Show
Jay Leno: President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama hosted a night of poetry and music featuring musicians, authors and poets. To which President Bush said, "Now, that's torture."
David Letterman: Did you see this? While his holiness is away on his trip to the Middle East, rest assured the Vatican is in good hands. Pope Benedict has hired an experienced vice pope. (Photo of Cheney at Vatican with lower third that reads, "Let's waterboard some heretics.") Vice Pope Cheney let's waterboard some heretics.
Photo by I'm Fantastic @ flickr
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (349)
- ► 2010 (415)
- The Political Propaganda Corner 31 May 2009
- Video: Humorous Talented Unusual Dance Moves
- Libations Friday! 29 May 2009
- Video: Gene Kelly Tap Dances on Roller Skates
- Cheeky Quote Day! 27 May 2009
- A Story Set to Song Titles
- Memorial Day Poems
- Story-A Visitor
- Cartoonists Take on Mowing the Lawn
- Libations Friday! 22 May 2009
- Bee Poetry: Pollen for tea
- Poem: Building Bridges
- Cheeky Quote Day! 20 May 2009
- Video: CIA Torture Memos Incorrect
- Video: RNC Chair Steele Whistles Past GOP History...
- Video: Senator Says Gitmo Prisoners Have It Good!...
- Free Printable Brain Teasers Are Used In Business ...
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Fired Astr...
- Word Smithing: Those Funny Sayings We Hear Every D...
- Video: CIA Secret Experiments
- Libations Friday! 15 May 2009
- New Link Pages: List for Fav Bloggers and Fav Lin...
- Cheeky Quote Day! 13 May 2009
- New Link Page Companion to The Social Poets!
- Video: America to Develop High Speed Rail at Last...
- This Weeks Roundup of Sunday Funnies: "Sicko" (Cin...
- Video: From the Jazz Festival - Giving Kids a Cha...
- Video: Forgiveness Smarter Than Revenge For Your ...
- Libations Friday! 8 May 2009
- Video: Finding Homes for the Homeless
- Video: Re-educating Osama Bin Laden's Disciples
- Blogger Interviews Porn Queen Stormy Daniels While...
- Video: Heineken's Funny Walk-In Fridge Closet Ad
- Video: How Saudis Are Rehabilitating Former Guant...
- Video: Rare Dr. Martin Luther King Speech Discove...
- Video: Hannity Volunteers to be Waterboarded
- Does Your Poetry Come From Your Soul?
- Slap That Cold Silly with Food as Medicine
- Libations Friday! 1 May 2009
- ▼ May (39)