20 May 2009
Cheeky Quote Day! 20 May 2009
Photo of Nietzsche in 1875, probably before he contracted or showed symptoms of syphilis - suffering the fate of insanity at the end of his life in 1900.
From Denny: OK, who among us has ever thought of Nietzsche as, well, funny? Not many I expect. He was a German philosopher who often contradicted himself and got in trouble by critiquing culture. After his zealously religious Lutheran pastor father died insane, Friedrich Nietzsche soared to new heights as a famous rebel against Christianity. That must have been one psychologically confusing atmosphere growing up as a child with a double dose: heavy religion AND insanity.
Nietzsche’s emotional and spiritual flailing is a fine example of the throes of spiritual development. In all that seriousness, most people don’t realize how many frequently incredible and funny life observations occur along the way! And that, dear friends, is why you keep a journal!
Here are a few of Nietzsche’s wry observations about humanity:
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Whenever I climb I am followed by a dog called 'Ego'.
Not by wrath does one kill, but by laughter.
Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.
Love is a state in which a man sees things most decidedly as they are not.
Is man one of God's blunders or is God one of man's blunders?
The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.
The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.
The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy.
In Heaven all the interesting people are missing.
Below are three videos from Keith Olbermann's Countdown show about real life and truth in politics. Talk about Cheeky Quotes! :)
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (349)
- ► 2010 (415)
- The Political Propaganda Corner 31 May 2009
- Video: Humorous Talented Unusual Dance Moves
- Libations Friday! 29 May 2009
- Video: Gene Kelly Tap Dances on Roller Skates
- Cheeky Quote Day! 27 May 2009
- A Story Set to Song Titles
- Memorial Day Poems
- Story-A Visitor
- Cartoonists Take on Mowing the Lawn
- Libations Friday! 22 May 2009
- Bee Poetry: Pollen for tea
- Poem: Building Bridges
- Cheeky Quote Day! 20 May 2009
- Video: CIA Torture Memos Incorrect
- Video: RNC Chair Steele Whistles Past GOP History...
- Video: Senator Says Gitmo Prisoners Have It Good!...
- Free Printable Brain Teasers Are Used In Business ...
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Fired Astr...
- Word Smithing: Those Funny Sayings We Hear Every D...
- Video: CIA Secret Experiments
- Libations Friday! 15 May 2009
- New Link Pages: List for Fav Bloggers and Fav Lin...
- Cheeky Quote Day! 13 May 2009
- New Link Page Companion to The Social Poets!
- Video: America to Develop High Speed Rail at Last...
- This Weeks Roundup of Sunday Funnies: "Sicko" (Cin...
- Video: From the Jazz Festival - Giving Kids a Cha...
- Video: Forgiveness Smarter Than Revenge For Your ...
- Libations Friday! 8 May 2009
- Video: Finding Homes for the Homeless
- Video: Re-educating Osama Bin Laden's Disciples
- Blogger Interviews Porn Queen Stormy Daniels While...
- Video: Heineken's Funny Walk-In Fridge Closet Ad
- Video: How Saudis Are Rehabilitating Former Guant...
- Video: Rare Dr. Martin Luther King Speech Discove...
- Video: Hannity Volunteers to be Waterboarded
- Does Your Poetry Come From Your Soul?
- Slap That Cold Silly with Food as Medicine
- Libations Friday! 1 May 2009
- ▼ May (39)