"David Martin talks about his upcoming 60 Minutes report on Saudi Arabia's efforts to rehabilitate former Guantanamo prisoners and former jihadists."
From Denny: This is something everyone in America has been wondering about in the back of their minds. Just how do we clean up the Bush and Cheney years' HUGE global messes?
The Republicans held far too many political prisoners like some brutal cavalier dictatorship third-world government. Now most of those men are, well, for lack of a better word: insane. Waterboarded 185 times on one guy alone and still no usable information should tell you two things: one, that torture isn't working, and, two, that man as your prisoner has already lost his mind and isn't about to find it any time soon.
The question on everyones' minds is: What do you do with a large insane population that were driven insane first from propaganda in their own country and then by torture when captured by their enemies? Any way you look at it they are weak minds, and, therefore, also unstable and unpredictable in the long term.
This 60 Minutes segment begins to address that question and discuss what the Saudis are trying to do to help those men regain a sound mind.
Watch CBS Videos Online
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (349)
- ► 2010 (415)
- The Political Propaganda Corner 31 May 2009
- Video: Humorous Talented Unusual Dance Moves
- Libations Friday! 29 May 2009
- Video: Gene Kelly Tap Dances on Roller Skates
- Cheeky Quote Day! 27 May 2009
- A Story Set to Song Titles
- Memorial Day Poems
- Story-A Visitor
- Cartoonists Take on Mowing the Lawn
- Libations Friday! 22 May 2009
- Bee Poetry: Pollen for tea
- Poem: Building Bridges
- Cheeky Quote Day! 20 May 2009
- Video: CIA Torture Memos Incorrect
- Video: RNC Chair Steele Whistles Past GOP History...
- Video: Senator Says Gitmo Prisoners Have It Good!...
- Free Printable Brain Teasers Are Used In Business ...
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Fired Astr...
- Word Smithing: Those Funny Sayings We Hear Every D...
- Video: CIA Secret Experiments
- Libations Friday! 15 May 2009
- New Link Pages: List for Fav Bloggers and Fav Lin...
- Cheeky Quote Day! 13 May 2009
- New Link Page Companion to The Social Poets!
- Video: America to Develop High Speed Rail at Last...
- This Weeks Roundup of Sunday Funnies: "Sicko" (Cin...
- Video: From the Jazz Festival - Giving Kids a Cha...
- Video: Forgiveness Smarter Than Revenge For Your ...
- Libations Friday! 8 May 2009
- Video: Finding Homes for the Homeless
- Video: Re-educating Osama Bin Laden's Disciples
- Blogger Interviews Porn Queen Stormy Daniels While...
- Video: Heineken's Funny Walk-In Fridge Closet Ad
- Video: How Saudis Are Rehabilitating Former Guant...
- Video: Rare Dr. Martin Luther King Speech Discove...
- Video: Hannity Volunteers to be Waterboarded
- Does Your Poetry Come From Your Soul?
- Slap That Cold Silly with Food as Medicine
- Libations Friday! 1 May 2009
- ▼ May (39)