Welcome to Libations Friday!
An unusual hot chocolate recipe and an original poem about how to write on the deepest levels of understanding...
Who doesn’t love coffee? How about hot chocolate? How about the adult version of a hot chocolate? While I was searching for some great chocolate recipes to put on my chocolate blog, Romancing The Chocolate, this one popped up and caught my fancy!
Never in a million years would I have thought to put tequila in my Mexican hot chocolate! Hey, there’s a first time for everything… so my adventurous self decided to give it a whirl. What is life if you don’t try new things?
From: Atlanta Journal-Constitution
“To heck with kiddie cocoa. These chilly winter nights may cause you to need a little chutzpah in your hot chocolate. So whip up a virgin batch for the kids, then give yourself a treat by spiking your (and your honey pie's) cup.”
Hands on time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
2 cups whole milk
1 disc of Ibarra chocolate (see note)
Warm the milk and chocolate in a saucepan, whisking with a molinillo or whisk until the chocolate is melted and the mixture begins to boil. Remove from the heat and continue whisking until frothy. Serve immediately in demitasse glass: 5 parts hot chocolate to 1 part tequila blanco. Finish with a dollop of whipped cream.
Note: Ibarra chocolate is a Mexican chocolate laced with cinnamon. Go to www.gourmetsleuth.com to order, or substitute 3 3/4 ounces dark chocolate and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. A molinillo is a Mexican chocolate whisk.
From Denny: On to the poetry segment of Libations Friday… It seems the past couple of weeks since jury duty (yes, I'm still going to write up that review with the porn queen) I’ve been on blog maintenance duty and one of those tasks has been to go through the hundreds of talented people on my various friends lists on equally various social sites. I’ve been combing through the lists to provide links at my blogs that are a good fit for their writings.
Yes, most writers waste a lot of time being jealous of one another. Yet another reason I'm endeavoring to connect people so they don't feel lost in the stormy seas.
I’m also a firm believer that you can’t get the writing right until you get the writer right. Writing is a tough task master and requires so much of a person that it can be emotionally draining to the point of an emotional hangover or complete burnout. Steps need to be taken for personal development as well as soul refreshment. That is another reason I started this blog for others to acquire some of what they need to stay creative, think deep and build their energy.
As I visited various poetry blogs in particular I was struck by how varied everyone’s writing is and the different angles of life they expressed. I’m not looking for perfect. I’m not looking for who has arrived as God’s Gift to Poetry and Writing - soon to be listed on the cheeky site of GodChecker.com maybe - I am looking for people in the throes of personal development at different stages of life. It’s good to watch people grow. It’s also good to help a soul along their way in life.
Writing really is good for personal development. It’s healthy for the brain according to current studies like what I’ve written over at my science blog, The Soul Calendar. We don’t even have to be good at writing or poetry for our brains to receive great benefit. Most of all, writing chronicles our life journey.
With so many people in mind, their personal styles and approaches to writing and life itself, the following poem came to be. One of those things that has always defined “me” is the ability to synthesize disparate elements, be they people, animals, objects or situations. Somehow, my mind appears to find the pattern in the seeming chaos.
Enjoy the poem because it really is about all of you, me and we!
What Do You Like to Write? Talk to We!
Photo by Daniel E Bruce&Carla aka (Falling Leaf production) @ flickr
Do you desire the quiet feathering touch of a loved one’s moving kiss?
The zooming glide, hand stroking, smoothing a child’s hair?
The sensual body feel, swimming unison gently rocking, playfully slapping water?
Do you like to write about the physical touch of life? Talk to me!
Photo by BjǿrnGiesenbauer @ flickr
Do you see eyes closed tight joyfully viewing, beginning of a brightly lit summer morning?
The noisy busy insects chattering outside your window, the pets nosing and jumping for affection peering into your sleepy weekend face?
The demanding overstuffed work shelves of your mind crowding, bullying, pushing boundaries to worry and annoy?
Do you like to write about the emotional expression of life? Talk to you and me!
Photo by kostaki @ flickr from NASA image
Do you wonder about the wandering cosmos, origins of everything, infinity yet unkissed?
The exploding, unruly nature of humanity, destined to one day transform a wise divinity?
The beauty explored, the beauty within, the beauty uncovered, untwisted, made right, revealed, relaxed into acceptance, loved by All?
Photo by alan(ator) @ flickr
Do you like to write about the spiritual knowing of life? Talk to you and me and we!
Copyright 18 May 2009
All Rights Reserved
Feel free to leave comments. Thanks for visiting and have a great weekend!
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (349)
- ► 2010 (415)
- The Political Propaganda Corner 31 May 2009
- Video: Humorous Talented Unusual Dance Moves
- Libations Friday! 29 May 2009
- Video: Gene Kelly Tap Dances on Roller Skates
- Cheeky Quote Day! 27 May 2009
- A Story Set to Song Titles
- Memorial Day Poems
- Story-A Visitor
- Cartoonists Take on Mowing the Lawn
- Libations Friday! 22 May 2009
- Bee Poetry: Pollen for tea
- Poem: Building Bridges
- Cheeky Quote Day! 20 May 2009
- Video: CIA Torture Memos Incorrect
- Video: RNC Chair Steele Whistles Past GOP History...
- Video: Senator Says Gitmo Prisoners Have It Good!...
- Free Printable Brain Teasers Are Used In Business ...
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Fired Astr...
- Word Smithing: Those Funny Sayings We Hear Every D...
- Video: CIA Secret Experiments
- Libations Friday! 15 May 2009
- New Link Pages: List for Fav Bloggers and Fav Lin...
- Cheeky Quote Day! 13 May 2009
- New Link Page Companion to The Social Poets!
- Video: America to Develop High Speed Rail at Last...
- This Weeks Roundup of Sunday Funnies: "Sicko" (Cin...
- Video: From the Jazz Festival - Giving Kids a Cha...
- Video: Forgiveness Smarter Than Revenge For Your ...
- Libations Friday! 8 May 2009
- Video: Finding Homes for the Homeless
- Video: Re-educating Osama Bin Laden's Disciples
- Blogger Interviews Porn Queen Stormy Daniels While...
- Video: Heineken's Funny Walk-In Fridge Closet Ad
- Video: How Saudis Are Rehabilitating Former Guant...
- Video: Rare Dr. Martin Luther King Speech Discove...
- Video: Hannity Volunteers to be Waterboarded
- Does Your Poetry Come From Your Soul?
- Slap That Cold Silly with Food as Medicine
- Libations Friday! 1 May 2009
- ▼ May (39)