Dennys: News Politics Comedy Science Arts & Food


25 March 2009

Cheeky Quote Day! 25 March 2009




Hey, it’s Wednesday and time for some amusing quotes here at The Social Poets!

Do you enjoy creating your own quotes? Sometimes they just pop out of your mouth, don’t they? Pets are a never ending source of amusement for us and one of my Hurricane Katrina cats is no exception.

Here’s one of my own quotes I came up last month one morning at breakfast with my husband while observing my warrior kitty Miss Black Pearl:

“You know your cat is getting old when she quits hunting in the back yard. Now she hunts at your dinner table.” - Denny Lyon

And in honor of Mother’s Day coming up in May: “Don't forget Mother's Day. Or as they call it in Beverly Hills: Dad's Third Wife Day.” - Jay Leno, comedian, TV host

And wondering if I can keep my General Audiences rating…

“Don't stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed.” - George Burns, American vaudeville and TV comedian

And one of the few things this comedian ever said that could be called General Audiences rating:

“Electricity is really just organized lightning.” - George Carlin, American comedian

Photo of the Blues Brothers dance by smellyknee @ flickr
(you gotta love the names these guys come up with over at flickr!)


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Posts and Archive