Dennys: News Politics Comedy Science Arts & Food


12 July 2009

Just Installed New Commenting Software

Snailing on my Croton.Purple Snail Image by zaQography - Quite Busy via Flickr

From Denny: Thought I'd give it a whirl and try this new commenting software by JS-Kit offered by Lijit search. I've seen other commenting software and I just don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling toward 4 point type. Most people can't read that small a font - and those that can simply don't want to!

For my fellow bloggers out there this version is FREE - my favorite price! :) It does filter for spam and hateful comments the majority of the world finds offensive. Available is an online editor, the ability to add an emoticon and YouTube videos! Quite the upgrade from what Blogger offers...

What I've been looking for is a faster way for people to see their comments and even react in real time with each other as well as me. Hopefully, this will do the trick. Anything is faster than what Blogger offers (see purple snail image) and I just can't see waiting 2 or 3 days to go back and see if my comment went through. You lose the momentum of the conversation in my book.

What I found compelling and downright amusing was they offer the ability for a commentor to leave up to 3,000 words - just like a post! For those of us that get a bit tired of the 140 characters abbreviations from Twitter all day long this might be an intriguing alternative from time to time!

So, let me know what you think! Also, I installed their software for a poll - if you have some ideas for polls you can leave a comment easily now. Let me know what's on your smart minds!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Posts and Archive