Check out what America is thinking about those TSA Pat Downs supposedly guarding us against terrorism.
From Denny: Ready to laugh? The cartoonists have had a field day with the missteps of our government and especially the TSA public insensitivity promoting their idiot policies. Americans are growing more and more uncomfortable and angry about these policies.
Just this month the Pilots Association declared the airport scanners as unsafe and got exemptions for their pilots and airline crews to completely bypass security checkpoints. Our government leaders also do not have to be subjected to the security protocols either. So now passengers have to wonder a lot more than about the people riding next to them. They have to wonder about whether or not the pilot, the crew and government leaders were compromised by terrorists.
Yeah, and these are the Bozos who are determining our national security. Sweet, huh? What kind of reasoning is this? If the airport scanners are unhealthy and unsafe then no one should be going through them. Meanwhile, the nation's cartoonists are lampooning these idiot decisions and arrogant promotions of this unsafe technology - knowing there is someone is the shadows making wads of cash from the sale of these airport scanners to the government. Big Business continues to run wild, unchecked by any restraints of reason or common sense.
The truth is that the TSA has never succeeded in catching any of the terrorists. Who did? Ordinary citizens keeping their eyes open and their minds thinking. Just to mention a couple of news items: The shoe bomber was stopped by a quick-thinking passenger who foiled the plot - as the airline attendant was still questioning the man while he attempted to strike the bomb. A street vendor in New York City spotted the suspicious van loaded with a bomb in front of Toys 'R' Us store for children and called police. The list goes on.
The TSA policies are literally overkill and violate civil rights and public health. The only tested and proven most effective method of airport security is to get serious about proper profiling like the Israelis employ. They manage to do it without racial profiling. There is no reason we cannot do the same.
France got rid of their backscatter airport scanners because of public outrage and concern over public health. They installed scanners that employ radio waves to detect if anyone needs additional screening. These scanners do not threaten your health nor invade your personal privacy. Why can't America employ these machines instead of the invasive radiating ones?
Check out how the TSA and the airport security checks are quickly becoming part of the national culture for humorists:
TSA touchy feely security screening:
And my all time favorites of the TSA-"Thanks"-giving season:
*** Bozo Sapien Photo by I'm Fantastic @ flickr
*** THANKS for visiting, feel welcome to drop a comment or opinion, enjoy bookmarking this post on your favorite social site, a big shout out to awesome current subscribers – and if you are new to this blog, please subscribe in a reader or by email updates!
*** Come by for a visit and check out my other blogs:
*** Check out Holiday Recipes From Dennys Food and Recipes
The Social Poets - news, politics
The Soul Calendar - science, astronomy, psychology
Visual Insights - photos, art, music
Beautiful Illustrated Quotations - spiritual quotes, philosophy
Best Spiritual Posts - my own best as well as links to other spiritual posts from all viewpoints
Poems From A Spiritual Heart - poetry
The Healing Waters - health news
Dennys People Watching - people in the news
Dennys Food and Recipes
Dennys Funny Quotes - humor
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (349)
- Obama Presidency: Dead On Arrival in 2012?
- Funny Situational Hunh?! Cartoons - 29 Nov 2010
- North Korea Throws Dangerous Temper Tantrum: Why?
- American and World Politics Cartoons - 27 Nov 2010...
- Friday Lite: Best Of Funny TSA Cartoons - 26 Nov 2...
- Funny Thanksgiving Presidential Pardon 4 Turkeys A...
- Funny Thanksgiving Quotes, Video, Cartoons and Foo...
- Monday Lite: Late Night Jokes, Thanksgiving and TS...
- American and World Politics Humor - 20 Nov 2010
- TSA Pat Downs: PC Sexual Assault?
- Posts Roundup at Dennys Blogs - 17 Nov 2010
- House Democrats Reshuffle, Rangel Found Guilty
- Rising Rage Over Airport Scanners and Pat Downs
- American and World Politics Humor - 13 Nov 2010
- Friday Lite: Latest Late Nite Jokes and Videos - 1...
- The Heart Remembers: Veterans Day poem Libations T...
- Obama Wins 54,000 Jobs From India to USA
- American and World Politics Humor - 6 Nov 2010
- Presidential Historian Doris Kearns Goodwin Gives ...
- Presidential Historian Michael Beschloss Talks Abo...
- 25 Funny Signs: Rally To Restore Sanity And Or Fea...
- Late Nite Jokes, Funny Videos, Post Midterm Predic...
- Women, And Their Civil Rights, Abused By Tea Party...
- ▼ November (23)
- ► 2009 (533)