28 March 2010
Weekly Posts Roundup at Dennys Blogs - 28 Mar 2010
From Denny: This funny polar bear says it all: Whew! Time to take it easy after a long harsh winter!
If you are a blogger like me with the Blogger platform at blogspot.com, and you haven't already heard about it since it came out a couple of weeks ago, you might want to check out this new feature from Blogger: Blogger in Draft. I spent the entire weekend playing around with the possibilities and decided to change over to this new dashboard and template offerings.
Blogger has come out with some outstanding new templates and the ability to widen margins of all your columns to imitate the old stretch template or create your own ideas of what appeals to you. Be as creative as you like! Read that as embedding videos and cartoons will now work better. Before, if you had a background from somewhere else - like I was doing - you had to reduce the width of your template down to the Minima template offered by Blogger. Then you could not run the cartoons at all as they were chopped off on the right side.
You now have many choices of how to arrange your columns just like a newspaper. There is a good variety of stunning backgrounds from which to choose - and believe me I've been choosing all this weekend for 12 blogs! :) I would like to see them expand their background choices in various colors and genre but what they have offered so far is plenty for most bloggers.
What am I still looking for from Blogger? To the folks at Blogger: I'm looking for more seasonal choices that have a sophisticated look, peaceful or spiritual, as opposed to just fun or downright cheesy. Backgrounds tailored to writing, poetry, art and literature other than the standard stack of books would be great - like beautiful calligraphy pens and parchment papers, stylized handwriting or fonts offered on the background and for the blog. You might want to consider backgrounds of America's cities like New Orleans and others for those of us with regional food blogs.
I'd also like to see the ability to post headlines and 200 word summary excerpts of up to 10 posts per page so people could easily choose what they want to read much like Wordpress already offers. Scrolling at the top of the page or at the header of the most recent posts would be cool like you see at newspaper sites online. Dreamer, that's me! So far, Blogger is on a roll so keep up the good work, guys! Oh, and if you could ever get that Google Connect or Followers Gadget to work with Google AdSense ads on the same page it would be much appreciated too.
On to the posts of the week and a few extra recipe posts from the past two weeks in case you missed anything good! :) Finally got caught up over at my science blog this weekend with some interesting stories so be sure to check out their offerings. Please bookmark this post to catch up on all the interesting news, great recipes and beautiful photography in our world! :) Enjoy...
The Social Poets:
51 Funny Political Cartoons - Sex Scandals, Rove, Obama, Health Care, Tea Party - 27 Mar 2010
Release Your Dreams and Spring into Life poem - Libations Friday 26 Mar 2010
Bullying Death Threats Against Congress Because of Health Care Law
Origins of the Funny Easter Bunny - Cheeky Quote Day 24 Mar 2010
Senate Parliamentarian Rules Against GOP to Stop Passed Health Care
Fleecing America: Political Hypocrites Drenched in Stimulus Money
Roundup of Late Night Comedy - 22 Mar 2010
The 11 Choices poem - Libations Friday 19 Mar 2010
Funny Late Night Comedy Roundup - 15 Mar 2010
41 Post Roundup at Dennys Blogs - 21 Mar 2010
Dennys Global Politics:
How New Health Law Affects You, Comics Review The News, Tea Party Antics - Headlines 26 Mar 2010
Health Bill Bounces Back to House for Final Push - Headlines 25 Mar 2010
More Hideous Molestation Sex Scandals - Headlines 24 Mar 2010
Sweeping Health Care Reform Signed into Law Today, Headlines 23 Mar 2010
The Soul Calendar:
Now Peru Faces Water Wars From Climate Change
Come to Iceland: Experience Living With a Volcano in Your BackYard
Moon Water: Order Up Your Cocktail Today
Check Out This Tripping New Look for the Milky Way
New Finding Under Antarctic Ice: Stinky Greenhouse Gas Ready to Go Boom
Friday Trivia: 14 Useless Random Facts
The Healing Waters:
Good News: 12 Year Old Walks to Raise Awareness About Homeless Kids
Good News: How New Health Care Law Affects You, Marines Rescue Tangled Seal
Good News: Afghan Orphanage Female Director Honored
Beautiful Illustrated Quotes:
Does Your Life Feel Like a Disaster?
3 Quotes About Facing Tough Times
Louisiana Crawfish Etouffee From Lafittes Landing
Kid Chefs Offer Tasty Recipes 4 Sandwiches Adults Will Like
New Orleans Recipes: Crawfish Etouffee, Chicken and Sausage Gumbo, Jambalaya, Sazerac Cocktail
Super Bowl Food: Jumbo Shrimp and Gouda Grits
Chef Sandra Lees Quick Baby Back Ribs
7 Easy Recipes for Relaxed Weekend Food
5 Super Easy Chocolate Desserts: Only 5 Ingredients
Gorgeous Whiskey Chocolate Brownies
Moistest Low Cal Chocolate Cake, Pesto Veggie Lasagna, Quick Salad
Spring Food: Chef Kellers Marinated Skirt Steak, Ice Cream Sandwiches
Easy Rich Yellow Loaf Cake with Chocolate Ganache
Dennys Photo Gallery: Beautiful Blues in Our World
Photo History: 1st Lady Gowns, Michelle Obama Donates Hers
Photography, Beautiful Metaphor for Life: 17 Boats
Only White Theme: 26 Photos
16 Beautiful Creative Angel Photos
10 Make You Think Fantasy Photos
30 Funny Creative Animal Ads
Funny Comics Review The News - 26 Mar 2010
Outrageous Dog: Chews Car Bumper Off Police Car
Funny Rules of Chocolates, Origins of the Funny Easter Bunny
Funny Video: Movie Trailer 4 Death at a Funeral
Friday Trivia: 14 Useless Random Facts
Funny Sarcastic Sayings 4 Any Day
Funny News: Italys World Slow Day
Weird News: Watching Porn in Church
7 Funny Quips 10 Mar 2010
8 Funny Quips
*** THANKS for visiting, feel welcome to drop a comment or opinion, enjoy bookmarking this post on your favorite social site, a big shout out to awesome current subscribers – and if you are new to this blog, please subscribe in a reader or by email updates!
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2014 (26)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (349)
- Funny April Fools Day - Cheeky Quote Day 31 Mar 20...
- Awesome Story of Giving That Healed a Town: A Circ...
- Health Care Quips and Tea Party Jabs, Roundup of L...
- Weekly Posts Roundup at Dennys Blogs - 28 Mar 2010...
- 51 Funny Political Cartoons - Sex Scandals, Rove, ...
- Release Your Dreams and Spring into Life poem - Li...
- Bullying Death Threats Against Congress Because of...
- Origins of the Funny Easter Bunny - Cheeky Quote D...
- Senate Parliamentarian Rules Against GOP to Stop P...
- Roundup of Late Night Comedy - 22 Mar 2010
- 41 Post Roundup at Dennys Blogs - 21 Mar 2010
- Health Care Reform Resistance, Funny Political Car...
- The 11 Choices poem - Libations Friday 19 Mar 2010...
- Fleecing America: Political Hypocrites Drenched in...
- Funny Sarcastic Sayings for St. Patricks Day - Che...
- 2 Months Later: Haiti Still Suffers Yet Has Faith
- Funny Late Night Comedy Roundup - 15 Mar 2010
- 29 Post Roundup at Dennys Blogs 14 Mar 2010
- Cartoonists Cajun Whoop A$$ on Everyone - 40 Funny...
- Dennys Popular Poems Roundup 12 Mar 2010
- Photo History: 1st Lady Gowns, Michelle Obama Dona...
- St. Patricks Day Funnies and History - Cheeky Quot...
- Photography: 16 Beautiful Creative Angel Photos
- Funny Late Night Comedy Roundup - 8 March 2010
- 48 Post Roundup: Dennys Blogs 7 Mar 2010
- Strike Outs: Bunning, Health Care, Chile, Toyota: ...
- Honoring Ourselves poem - Libations Friday 5 Mar 2...
- Students Now Stand 4 Famous Math Teacher in Stand ...
- Funny Psychic Groundhog Phil Blessed Us With More ...
- Republican Senator Flips Off Middle Finger to Fami...
- Dick Cheney Fakes Heart Attacks, Glenn Beck Lies o...
- ▼ March (31)
- ► 2009 (533)