the two Baracks, Image via WikipediaFrom Denny: Author Sally Jacobs shares details from her new book which focuses upon the life of President Obama's enigmatic father. Barack Obama, Sr. was profiled as bold and reckless. The book is called "The Other Barack."
Barack, Sr. lived large, drank heavily and had multiple wives because he had come from a polygamous background. To him it was socially normal.
President Obama is rooted, extremely cautious, responsible, monogamous and an attentive father. He's the typical profile of the child of a raging alcoholic.
You see a lot of this reaction from the next generation in politics, the military and the intelligence community. Even President Bush 41 reacted in a similar fashion to his father, Senator Bush, who was an alcoholic.
Barack, Sr. left his son when he was an infant. The only real time they spent together was one month in 1971 when young Barack was nine years old.
What do they have in common? Healthy intelligence, an interest in politics and a desire to cast themselves as mediators, conciliators and as someone capable of compromise. Barack, Sr. was passionately interested in the politics of his new country.
The President Barack decided to become an attentive and quality time father in direct contrast to his father. As President, is he now capable of giving that same attention and devotion to the well being of the American people?
In order for the collective American family to rise above this economic chaos it's time to unravel all the NAFTA trade deals that have American workers at such a terrible and devastating disadvantage. Until we create jobs by the millions - instead of sending them overseas by the millions each year - will we finally pull ourselves out of this mess.
Giving multinational companies the rights - to avoid being answerable to our American courts - and to abolish our individual American rights is inexcusable. Congress and this President have enabled this travesty through the trade deals and allowing corporations to rule our federal government with an iron fist.
Currently, there is privacy rights legislation making its way through Congress that takes away the right of the individual to sue a corporation for violating their privacy. In other words, Senators McCain and Kerry have decided the average American no longer is allowed to have any rights they are allowed to pursue in the justice system. That's unconstitutional.
Get this, this new so-called privacy rights legislation up for a vote is that instead we are supposed to only allow the FEC to take the violators to court. The only people who can get any monetary compensation for punitive damages are small businesses - not individuals. and that compensation is only capped at a paltry $3 million. This is an outrage.
It's issues like this that Obama should spend his time and efforts. It's time he unwind NAFTA and other bad laws masquerading as reforms - like the tax breaks to the rich. You just can't run a country and several wars on the backs of poor people without any decent paying jobs to contribute into the economy and the national treasury.
Just this week, here's the latest tally of lost jobs:
NASA - 9, 000 jobs evaporated all at once - and Obama fired them
Cisco - 6, 500 jobs
Borders book stores - 11, 000 jobs eliminated
We have finally hit that exponential curve where this economy and this country has spiraled out of control because of greedy corporations and foolish politicians who enable them. The time of reckoning has arrived, like it or not.
*** THANKS for visiting, feel welcome to drop a comment or opinion, enjoy bookmarking this post on your favorite social site, a big shout out to awesome current subscribers – and if you are new to this blog, please subscribe in a reader or by email updates!
*** Come by for a visit and check out my other blogs:
*** Check out Holiday Recipes From Dennys Food and Recipes
Dennys Global Politics
The Social Poets - news, politics, political cartoon humor
The Soul Calendar - science, astronomy, psychology
Visual Insights - photos, art, music
Dennys Art Sanctuary
Beautiful Illustrated Quotations - spiritual quotes, philosophy
Best Spiritual Posts - my own best as well as links to other spiritual posts from all viewpoints
Poems From A Spiritual Heart - poetry
The Healing Waters - health news
Dennys People Watching - people in the news
Dennys Food and Recipes
Romancing The Chocolate - chocolate recipes and more food
Unusual 2 Tasty - different twists on favorite foods and international
Comfort Food From Louisiana - Cajun, seafood and more comfort food goodies
Dennys Funny Quotes - humor
Ouch Outrageous Obnoxious And Odd - more crazy humor
Dennys World of Quotes
Dennys Blog Feeds - see what's posting at all Denny's blogs at a glance
Dennys: News Politics Comedy Science Arts Food - an online newspaper
21 July 2011
Obama: New Book Examines If Barack Is Like His Father
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- America: How A Bad Credit Rating Hurts Us All
- Dennys: News Politics Comedy Science Arts & Food: ...
- Heated Politics and Summer Heatwave Kill The Vulne...
- Funny Late Nite Jokes About Rupert Murdoch, Debt C...
- Obama: New Book Examines If Barack Is Like His Fat...
- Ouch Outrageous Obnoxious and Odd: Funny Metal Hea...
- Obamas NAFTA: Picking The Bones Of American Worker...
- Roasted Media Mogul Rupert Murdoch: UK Hearings
- News Corp Scandal Grows: Death and Resignations
- Dennys Food and Recipes: Easy and Simple: How To M...
- Dennys: News Politics Comedy Science Arts & Food: ...
- News Corp Scandal, Heads Roll, 2 CEOs Resign: Dow ...
- Rupert Murdoch: Just How Many Companies Does He Ow...
- Funny Late Nite Jokes: Casey Anthony Trial, News C...
- Dennys Funny Quotes: Funny Colbert: His Super PAC ...
- Dennys Funny Quotes: Funny Movie Trailer: Horrible...
- Beautiful Illustrated Quotations: 14 Awesome Frien...
- Visual Insights: Dennys Photo Gallery: Funny Monke...
- World Debt Issues: We Are All In It Together
- First Lady Betty Ford: Remembered Dancing On White...
- Keith Olbermann On UK News Corp Dirty Tricks Scand...
- Check Out Keith Olbermann on Current TV: Gaffe Fes...
- American Flags On The Moon: What Happened To Them...
- Arrest GOP Rep, Cantor For Manipulating Treasury B...
- Computer Crashed This Week, Back Up Soon
- ▼ July (25)
- ► 2010 (415)
- ► 2009 (533)