Rupert Murdoch, Image via CrunchBaseFrom Denny: As Rupert Murdoch tried to play the frail old man routine he served up his own son as more "in the know" than him about the doings of all his $39 billion net worth companies and the 53,000 people in his employ.
There is just one problem with that depiction: Rupert is known for being a hands on kind of guy, especially when it comes to the tabloid newspapers. He regularly calls his editors and inquires about the latest salacious gossip and scandal. He relishes and revels in it. Does that sound like a foggy confused old guy? Of course not.
Murdoch's media managers are not winning the public relations war. First they trot him and his son out there to claim they are sorry. It was so obvious the only thing they were sorry about was that finally they were caught. They are sorry the public wants to put them in jail. They are sorry the political leaders are salivating to rip apart his media empire and destroy the 800 pound gorilla on their backs.
Rupert Murdoch and his minions have been a worldwide scourge upon government leaders and the media. Playing this game today of acting like he doesn't know anything and differing to his son for clarification and knowledge is pathetic. It's pathetic because it's clear Rupert is saving himself and serving up his son as the meal of the day to the UK Parliament.
Rupert Murdoch leaves a long trail of bodies behind him over the past 40 years in business and politics. He has played the role as the ultimate mover and shaker, deciding national elections on both sides of the Atlantic. He has driven a hard right conservative turn for the UK and American political agendas, twisting arms and blackmailing on his journey to absolute control. He is also known for being quite vindictive, severely punishing anyone who gets in his way and refuses to be his most loyal enabler.
Both Murdochs claimed in the hearings to have no prior knowledge of the phone hacking at the News Of The World. Yawn. Who believes that performance?
Better yet was the fun pie thrower, supposedly a comedian. He came up and slammed Rupert in the face with a pie of shaving foam. Of course, the Tiger Wife anticipated the attack and was there to intervene conveniently fast, fending off the lame attack.
So, why did the media buy it that the guy was a protester and small time comedian? Come on. It was clearly staged. The wife was ready for him a little too fast. Rupert was too calm about it all like he knew it was going to happen. And when the supposed protester was lead away in handcuffs he looked like he had been paid to do it not a man on a mission driven by passion.
Today was a day of the Murdoch clan at their scummy best. What else would you expect out of a tabloid news crowd that thinks nothing of hacking the phones of dead soldiers and murder victims? Like suddenly they would grow a conscience?
The UK Hearing
"News Corp. CEO Rupert Murdoch and his son James are questioned by Labour MP Tom Watson about the tabloid phone-hacking scandal that rocked the U.K."
"Andrew Ross Sorkin talks about the spiraling UK phone hacking scandal"
When a protester attempted to attack Rupert Murdoch with what appeared to be a plate of shaving cream, his wife Wendi leapt forward from her seat and smacked the attacker repeatedly. Andrea Mitchell profiles Wendi Murdoch.
*** THANKS for visiting, feel welcome to drop a comment or opinion, enjoy bookmarking this post on your favorite social site, a big shout out to awesome current subscribers – and if you are new to this blog, please subscribe in a reader or by email updates!
*** Come by for a visit and check out my other blogs:
*** Check out Holiday Recipes From Dennys Food and Recipes
Dennys Global Politics
The Social Poets - news, politics, political cartoon humor
The Soul Calendar - science, astronomy, psychology
Visual Insights - photos, art, music
Dennys Art Sanctuary
Beautiful Illustrated Quotations - spiritual quotes, philosophy
Best Spiritual Posts - my own best as well as links to other spiritual posts from all viewpoints
Poems From A Spiritual Heart - poetry
The Healing Waters - health news
Dennys People Watching - people in the news
Dennys Food and Recipes
Romancing The Chocolate - chocolate recipes and more food
Unusual 2 Tasty - different twists on favorite foods and international
Comfort Food From Louisiana - Cajun, seafood and more comfort food goodies
Dennys Funny Quotes - humor
Ouch Outrageous Obnoxious And Odd - more crazy humor
Dennys World of Quotes
Dennys Blog Feeds - see what's posting at all Denny's blogs at a glance
Dennys: News Politics Comedy Science Arts Food - an online newspaper
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- America: How A Bad Credit Rating Hurts Us All
- Dennys: News Politics Comedy Science Arts & Food: ...
- Heated Politics and Summer Heatwave Kill The Vulne...
- Funny Late Nite Jokes About Rupert Murdoch, Debt C...
- Obama: New Book Examines If Barack Is Like His Fat...
- Ouch Outrageous Obnoxious and Odd: Funny Metal Hea...
- Obamas NAFTA: Picking The Bones Of American Worker...
- Roasted Media Mogul Rupert Murdoch: UK Hearings
- News Corp Scandal Grows: Death and Resignations
- Dennys Food and Recipes: Easy and Simple: How To M...
- Dennys: News Politics Comedy Science Arts & Food: ...
- News Corp Scandal, Heads Roll, 2 CEOs Resign: Dow ...
- Rupert Murdoch: Just How Many Companies Does He Ow...
- Funny Late Nite Jokes: Casey Anthony Trial, News C...
- Dennys Funny Quotes: Funny Colbert: His Super PAC ...
- Dennys Funny Quotes: Funny Movie Trailer: Horrible...
- Beautiful Illustrated Quotations: 14 Awesome Frien...
- Visual Insights: Dennys Photo Gallery: Funny Monke...
- World Debt Issues: We Are All In It Together
- First Lady Betty Ford: Remembered Dancing On White...
- Keith Olbermann On UK News Corp Dirty Tricks Scand...
- Check Out Keith Olbermann on Current TV: Gaffe Fes...
- American Flags On The Moon: What Happened To Them...
- Arrest GOP Rep, Cantor For Manipulating Treasury B...
- Computer Crashed This Week, Back Up Soon
- ▼ July (25)
- ► 2010 (415)
- ► 2009 (533)