Check out the leading contenders who can make or break the Democratic agenda.
From Denny: The usual rumors are swirling in the political sphere. And the usual political skunks like Axelrod and Plouffe are lying their asses off to convince their fellow Democrats how committed they are to this President. Now who believes that drivel?
It's because of these guys, Axelrod and Plouffe, are the very political advisers who have ignored proper governing of this country, creating the past two years of mess in this country. They kept "handling" the public instead of going to work on the many tough issues like unemployment. No one really cares when you pass a weak health care bill that does not help the middle class. No one cares when you continue to dance to the tune of Big Business when it hurts the middle class. No one cares when you pass weak credit card legislation that does nothing to protect consumers in a meaningful way.
Axelrod and Plouffe are the very reasons this presidency is so ineffective. And now they want the job of Chief of Staff? Deliver us from them, Mr. President! These two have been pushing Rahm out the door since day one, trying to get his job - and now you plan to hand it to them?
Names on the short list of candidates being tossed around:
Vice President Biden's chief of staff Ron Klain
White House senior advisor Valerie Jarrett
Deputy National Security Advisor Tom Donilon
White House deputy chief of staff Jim Messina
Obama's 2008 campaign manager, David Plouffe
Former Senator Majority (and Minority) Leader Tom Daschle
America is in dire straits economically, Mr. President. This is simply not the time for the personal ambitions of dressing up their resumes of which your Chicago group is so fond. This is the time for someone with a personal agenda that is not at odds with the needs of the American middle class and small businesses.
What you need is a former or sitting Senator. You need someone with long lengthy friendships in the Senate that knows the quirks and what makes them tick. This is what hurt President Jimmy Carter and why he failed in his presidency. He simply did not possess the inner workings of the Washington network.
None of your candidates has that network of relationships in the Senate. Rahm had them in the House and that's why he was so successful getting so many bills passed with Speaker Pelosi. But Senator Harry Reid fell down on the job and Rahm couldn't help him with the Senate to get your agenda going.
The only person qualified on your list who knows how to work in the trenches is former Senator Tom Daschle. He has the long standing relationships, the intricate knowledge of Senate rules like the late Senator Byrd, and he has the finesse for which you have longed in dealing with the Republicans. Hire anyone else and you are doomed to fail. Offer Dashchle whatever it takes to get him on board yesterday. Don't wait yet another two months before making a decision. Rahm's mind is already running for Chicago mayor and now his head in not in the game.
This country needs a faster response time federal government. It's easy to get caught up in The Beltway mindset where the whole area works for the government or benefits from reporting on the government. Everyone there is quite comfortable getting their regular paychecks and affordable health care. There isn't the desperation about the economy in your immediate atmosphere.
The decisions you make now will take as long as another two years to play out effectively. A big ship is hard to turn in the water and harder still to move quickly. Don't drag your feet on this decision nor agonize about hurting your friends. Put the American people first as they are the ones who are really hurting.
White House Shake Up? Rahm Emanuel Departure Would Augur 'Change'
*** THANKS for visiting, feel welcome to drop a comment or opinion, enjoy bookmarking this post on your favorite social site, a big shout out to awesome current subscribers – and if you are new to this blog, please subscribe in a reader or by email updates!
*** Come by for a visit and check out my other blogs:
The Social Poets - news, politics
The Soul Calendar - science, astronomy, psychology
Visual Insights - photos, art, music
Beautiful Illustrated Quotations - spiritual quotes, philosophy
Poems From A Spiritual Heart - poetry
The Healing Waters - health news
Dennys People Watching - people in the news
Dennys Food and Recipes
Dennys Funny Quotes - humor
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (349)
- Democrats: 400 Groups Rally This Weekend 4 Jobs an...
- Creep Factor: Feds Turning X-Rays on Americans to ...
- What Is Really Happening In This BP Claims Process...
- Posts Roundup at Dennys Blogs - 27 Sept 2010
- White House Staff Shakeup: Who Stays, Who Goes
- America and World Politics Cartoons - 25 Sept 2010...
- King Abdullah II Talks Huge Middle East Gamble for...
- Is BP Fund Czar Feinberg in BPs Pocket?
- Wars Overseas, Wars in Congress, Wars in White Hou...
- Presidential Memoirs: Who Bombed, Who Soared and W...
- Posts Roundup at Dennys Blogs - 19 Sept 2010
- Economy, World Politics, BP Oil Spill Cartoons - 1...
- Waking The Day poem - Libations Friday 17 Sept 201...
- Obamas Popularity, Polls Roundup of American Opini...
- Good Move, Mr. Prez: Safeguarding The Gulf on Oil ...
- Roundup of Late Night Funnies - 14 Sept 2010
- Funny Video: Colbert Mocks Beck On His Restore Hon...
- Funny Video: Stewart Mocks Gov. Jan Brewer Fiasco,...
- Funny Video: Jon Stewart Mocks Florida Pastor Behi...
- Funny Video: Letterman and Olbermann Laugh at Repu...
- Funny Video: Letterman Teases Obama For Frequent V...
- Posts Roundup at Dennys Blogs - 12 Sept 2010
- Who Will Be Prez Obamas Next Chief of Staff?
- America and The Economy Cartoons - 11 Sept 2010
- Middle East Peace, Koran Burning, Iraq War Cartoon...
- The Understanding poem - Libations Friday 10 Sept ...
- Call to Christians And Muslims Against Violence Fr...
- Economy, America and World Politics Cartoons - 7 S...
- ▼ September (28)
- ► 2009 (533)