*** Check out this week's amusing cartoon commentary on our American politics.
From Denny: First of all, it's great to be back up online with a new internet provider. This past week's experience with the previous one really has me wondering if they are running a billing scam - but that's another post. There are a lot of posts languishing in draft, ready to burst out and get published! :) Also, a big thank you to those of you who checked back to see if there were new posts or went cruising through the archives to find something fun to read. Thank you, everyone, for your great and continued support!
Featured here are the cartoons from the last week of August when the President was on vacation. While Congress was out of session and the President on holiday there wasn't much in the way of political news - at least none that was earth shattering. Of course, silly Fox News weirdo Glenn Beck was busy trying to hijack the Rev. Martin Luther King holiday and the "I Have A Dream" speech.
Beck fancies himself as the new Jesus Christ Messiah. Has anyone wondered why this guy has not been diagnosed as delusional and locked up? It is strange how his followers do follow him so blindly - just like every other cult leader from Hitler to Jim Jones.
Beck lied and claimed 300,000 people showed up. The reality? About 85,000 attended - and ALL of them were bused in free of charge courtesy of the Republican Party and Fox News. It sure looks like America is going the way of a third world country with the Republican version of "Death to America! Death to the Democrats! Kill your fellow Americans!" Talk about obnoxious, odious and just plain awful on the integrity front.
Fortunately, America's cartoonists have a way of putting our caustic politics in perspective. They also have a lot of fun doing it, entertaining us every step of the way. Remember, get out and vote - especially during primaries so the Republicans cannot choose your candidates you may not prefer once the general elections occur.
These cartoons cover the issues of the mosque building near Ground Zero that Republicans have sledgehammered as a national issue to distract people away from the fact that it was the Republicans who drove our jobs overseas. Then there is that strange egg recall from those annoying huge super farms - remember them? They are the ones who drove small family farms out of business by bankrupting them.
Make sure you cook your eggs thoroughly these days. If you like fried eggs, then break the yolk so when you flip it over it cooks thoroughly - do so on medium low heat and they will taste great. Cook a fried egg too fast and you get what the diner folks call "lace." Totally unappealing texture. But I digress - and I have a food blog for those musings (Dennys Food and Recipes). :)
The Iraq and Afghanistan Wars continue to provide fodder for cartoonist opinions, as does the President's plummeting popularity. Fortunately, the President is moving to expand his personal horizons and finally is seeking a more varied and internationally minded counsel beyond the Chicago mindset.
More cartoons on the Dr. Laura "N" Word foolishness from Camp Stupid. Hopefully, she is the first in a long line of conservative talk show hosts going by the wayside and plummeting out of public view - and ear shot.
The Tea Party Strange Express still holds to their dream that President Obama is not really a native born American or a Christian. Yeah? And the latest news is that the most drug addicted part of American society are the older Baby Boomers. That sure explains the strange behavior coming out of the Tea Party folks. They act illogically and irrationally just like someone who is a drug addict. Their intense anger is explained as the typical drug addict or alcoholic detoxing.
Any way you look at it, their behavior is counter-productive to helping this country move forward to solving big problems long neglected: Big Business sending jobs overseas and keeping open that foreign worker visa program to the tune of thousands of jobs each year to replace Americans. At some point all this insanity has to stop.
Egg recall by the billions:
Iraq War, Afghan War and Prez Obama:
Pakistan and the Taliban:
Nasty Greedy Big Business:
Obama's plummeting popularity among members of his own party:
BP oil spill and Mosque near Ground Zero:
Republican screamer wedge issue claiming Prez Obama is not a Christian when he is:
Stem cell research issues:
Radio talk show host, Dr. Laura cartoons:
Prez Obama on vacation:
*** For more laughs this week of cartoons:
Funny Hunh?! Cartoons - 8 Sept 2010 - Check out this week's grinners to soothe your work week stress.
*** THANKS for visiting, feel welcome to drop a comment or opinion, enjoy bookmarking this post on your favorite social site, a big shout out to awesome current subscribers – and if you are new to this blog, please subscribe in a reader or by email updates!
*** Come by for a visit and check out my other blogs:
The Social Poets - news, politics
The Soul Calendar - science, astronomy, psychology
Visual Insights - photos, art, music
Beautiful Illustrated Quotations - spiritual quotes, philosophy
Poems From A Spiritual Heart - poetry
The Healing Waters - health news
Dennys People Watching - people in the news
Dennys Food and Recipes
Dennys Funny Quotes - humor
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (37)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (349)
- Democrats: 400 Groups Rally This Weekend 4 Jobs an...
- Creep Factor: Feds Turning X-Rays on Americans to ...
- What Is Really Happening In This BP Claims Process...
- Posts Roundup at Dennys Blogs - 27 Sept 2010
- White House Staff Shakeup: Who Stays, Who Goes
- America and World Politics Cartoons - 25 Sept 2010...
- King Abdullah II Talks Huge Middle East Gamble for...
- Is BP Fund Czar Feinberg in BPs Pocket?
- Wars Overseas, Wars in Congress, Wars in White Hou...
- Presidential Memoirs: Who Bombed, Who Soared and W...
- Posts Roundup at Dennys Blogs - 19 Sept 2010
- Economy, World Politics, BP Oil Spill Cartoons - 1...
- Waking The Day poem - Libations Friday 17 Sept 201...
- Obamas Popularity, Polls Roundup of American Opini...
- Good Move, Mr. Prez: Safeguarding The Gulf on Oil ...
- Roundup of Late Night Funnies - 14 Sept 2010
- Funny Video: Colbert Mocks Beck On His Restore Hon...
- Funny Video: Stewart Mocks Gov. Jan Brewer Fiasco,...
- Funny Video: Jon Stewart Mocks Florida Pastor Behi...
- Funny Video: Letterman and Olbermann Laugh at Repu...
- Funny Video: Letterman Teases Obama For Frequent V...
- Posts Roundup at Dennys Blogs - 12 Sept 2010
- Who Will Be Prez Obamas Next Chief of Staff?
- America and The Economy Cartoons - 11 Sept 2010
- Middle East Peace, Koran Burning, Iraq War Cartoon...
- The Understanding poem - Libations Friday 10 Sept ...
- Call to Christians And Muslims Against Violence Fr...
- Economy, America and World Politics Cartoons - 7 S...
- ▼ September (28)
- ► 2009 (533)