From Denny: This old guy is really something. He still has a zest for Life even after all he has seen and heard - from the days of segregation - and impromptu Ku Klux Klan lynchings and other brutal killings of African-Americans in Mississippi for which no one was usually sent to prison - to being the last of his musical kind.
Honey Boy Edwards was popular in his prime in the 1920's in spite of American racism and other hardships. He went from making nickels and dimes during the Great Depression to making thousands today, playing the best stages.
He is a jovial man who has lived more than one life time. To his credit, without resentment or bitterness, he has been teaching the musicians of today, many young and white, his musical legacy before he leaves this Earth.
This segment reminds me of when my husband and I were in college and got to see a small coffee house performance at the Speakeasy here in Louisiana featuring the great 1920's lead guitarist legend, African-American Lightning Hopkins. He was in his old age but still incredible and we were some of the few of our age group who actually knew who the stellar guy was. That's why I'm so glad to see Honey Boy passing on his knowledge and his music to the next generation! May he live many more years to come! Check out this cool guy:
*** Thanks for visiting and have a great holiday season! Make sure to return tomorrow for many grins on my irreverent Cheeky Quote Day!
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2015 (33)
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (349)
- ► 2010 (415)
- Fun Cartoon Review: Happy New Year!
- Funny New Years Quotes, Smarter New Years Resoluti...
- Obamas Spend Vacations in Hawaii Where He Learned ...
- Roundup of Late Night Funnies 28 Dec 2009
- How Real Santas Handle Those Tough Kid Requests
- Editorial Cartoons 26 Dec 2009
- Original Christmas Poem Story: The Night Before C...
- New Austrian Zoo Photographer is Fruit Happy Orang...
- Cheeky Quote Day! 23 Dec 2009
- Kid Creates Pet Food Bank 4 Economic Crisis
- Lampooning Late Night Funnies Roundup 21 Dec 2009
- Editorial Cartoons 19 Dec 2009
- Christmas PEACE Poem by Longfellow: Christmas Bel...
- The Funny Side of Christmas - Cheeky Quote Day! 16...
- 94 Year Old Blues Legend Honey Boy Edwards Still G...
- Roundup of Late Nite Funnies 14 Dec 2009
- Catch Up on 26 Posts, at The Social Poets and more...
- Editorial Cartoons 12 Dec 2009
- Gifts From The Heart, A Christmas Poem - Libations...
- Good News: Caring About People Actually Costs Les...
- Fun and Quirky Time Wasters - Cheeky Quote Day! 9 ...
- Obama Honors Kennedy Center Honorees like The Boss...
- Roundup of Late Night Funnies 7 Dec 2009
- Catch Up on Posts 6 Dec 2009
- Editorial Cartoons 5 Dec 2009
- Life is About Everything - Libations Friday! 4 Dec...
- Popular Posts 2009 and Thank You: The Social Poet...
- Funny Malapropisms - Cheeky Quote Day! 2 Dec 2009
- Catch Up on Funny Posts at Dennys Funny Quotes 1 ...
- ▼ December (29)