06 July 2009
This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - U.S. Kept Copies of Keys to Iraq, Statue of Liberty Reopens, Maine Gets Gay Friendly
Photo by Tansan @ flickr
From Denny: In this summer heat we all can use a good laugh! Here's the latest from the late night show comics.
This Week's roundup of the Sunday funnies.
The Daily Show
Jon Stewart: The United States gave the Iraqis the key back to their own cities. Don't worry, we made a copy.
The Late Late Show
Craig Ferguson: The show "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" is returning to prime time. But due to the recession, it's being renamed "Who Wants Five Bucks and a Taco?"
David Letterman: Here is good news for Bernie Madoff: Only 149 years, 50 weeks to go.
The Colbert Report
Stephen Colbert: [Clip from CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360" show] "Tonight, connecting with one of Michael Jackson's old friends and perhaps one of the oddest, Bubbles, the chimp." Colbert: Congratulations, Anderson. This is even bigger than your 2006 sit-down with Saddam Hussein's beloved pet, Khalid Sheikh Mohamster. [Screeb shows hamster dressed as Saddam Hussein.]
And the week I missed somehow... Statue of Liberty Reopens
The Tonight Show
Jay Leno: It was hot today. Wasn't it? I tell you. Oh, I was sweating like John Edwards waiting to watch his wife on "Oprah."
Late Night With Jimmy Fallon
Jimmy Fallon: The crown at the top of the Statue of Liberty will reopen on the Fourth of July for the first time since 9/11. Isn't that cool? Visitors will now be able to touch Air Force One as it flies right past them.
The Late Show
David Letterman: Here's a public service announcement now from Joe Biden. Remember that the sun's rays can cause painful sunburn and long-term skin damage. To be safe, between now and October, do not leave your home. Message from Joe Biden, "Time to Panic."
The Late Late Show
Craig Ferguson: The state of Maine today legalized gay marriage. Maine became comfortable with the idea after years of touching Canada.
Saddam Hussein Joe Biden Michael Jackson Anderson Cooper John Edwards Late Night with Jimmy Fallon The Tonight Show The Late Show The Late Late Show
Recent Posts and Archive
- ► 2014 (35)
- ► 2013 (100)
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (349)
- ► 2010 (415)
- Politics: FINALLY! House Votes to Restrict Wall ...
- Libations Friday! 31 July 2009
- Falling in love again: A poem about opening yourse...
- Joke: Cat Goes to Heaven
- Video: Hurricane Katrina Super Volunteers 4 Years...
- Video: Cat in the Sack
- Cheeky Quote Day! 29 July 2009
- Video: Economic Worst Is Over?
- Video: Hillary Taking Charge
- Video: Uninsured America
- This Weeks Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Cambridge C...
- Video: What Made Wedding Video a Web Hit?
- Video: Wedding Party Recreates Blissful Boogie fo...
- Poem: Kiss Me Soft
- Viral Video: Wedding Entrance Dance
- Libations Friday! 24 July 2009
- Video: Obama's Prime Time News Conference Health ...
- Totally Ridiculous Comedy: Jacks Nightclub
- Millions Watch Solar Eclipse: Awe and Fear
- Cheeky Quote Day! 22 July 2009
- Video: Artsy Fascinating Ad for the PEN Series Ca...
- Does Happiness Elude You?
- Funny Video: I Just Want A Pizza!
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Biden Lick...
- How Do You Handle Excessive Stress?
- Update: Foreign Exchange Students Abuse Scandal
- Bloggers Unite: Global Human Rights Abuses
- Libations Friday! 17 July 2009
- Video: Foreign Exchange Students Abused in the Un...
- Outrageous Video: Bruno (Comedian Cohen) Talks wi...
- Video: News of the Absurd - Twitter, Soc the Cat ...
- Video: Why Did 168 People Die in Iran Plane Crash...
- Cheeky Quote Day! 15 July 2009
- Video: Transforming Inner City Blight
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - Sarah Pali...
- Just Installed New Commenting Software
- Poem titled "First Impressions"
- Libations Friday! 10 July 2009
- Round and Round the Obvious: Republican Liars, CI...
- Video: Iranian Protestors March on 10th anniversa...
- Coming Soon: Photographic Memory in a Pill?
- Video: All the Truth About Chocolate and Antioxid...
- Video: Interview with Comedian Sarah Silverman
- Cheeky Quote Day! 8 July 2009
- How Do You Cultivate Inner Happiness?
- Video: Operation Mend
- Video: Mideast Conflict of Israel and Palestine
- This Week: Roundup of Sunday Funnies - U.S. Kept...
- Video: Independence Day Trivia
- Video: The Crown of Liberty
- Fireworks Faves
- Happy July 4th!
- Fourth of July Quotes: Serious and Funny
- Libations Friday! 3 July 2009
- Video: King of Pop Reigns Again
- Video: Nutritious Chocolate, the New Super Food?
- Funny Photos: Chilling in Bed with a Couple of Ch...
- Cheeky Quote Day! 1 July 2009
- ▼ July (60)